Guys, I'm trying

<p>My son is entering his second semester at Alabama. He has lots of friends, a girlfriend, and is having the time of his life. He likes his new classes and teachers. He is making good grades.</p>

<p>It is so hard… SO hard… overcoming my lifelong, almost genetic hatred of the Crimson Tide so that I can fully invest myself in my son’s college experience. I’m very happy for him, and I’m happy that he will always be able to say that his school won a national championship while he was a student. (Wish I could say that about my college years.)</p>

<p>96 seconds. If only LSU knew how to defend the screen pass, it could have been my team playing for the national championship.</p>

<p>Oh well. I’m trying. I really am.</p>

<p>Geaux Tigers.</p>

<p>Slippy, there are many people for whom a mere 96 seconds altered the course of their life - for some, those 96 seconds may have created a new life. We can’t live by “if onlys”.</p>

<p>I really do feel bad for you (well, maybe not so much) but I do understand your pain. </p>

<p>Buck up, it won’t get any better when you first grandson is named Nick Saban Slippy2000.</p>

<p>Funny how many variations I’ve heard of this in the last week.</p>

<ol>
<li><p>Several A&M friends all think they are the #1 team and should have been there. One friend said they can’t wait until the play-off system, but I (nicely, I hope) reminded her that it wouldn’t have helped them as only the top 4 ranked teams will be involved. </p></li>
<li><p>My oldest S said that if not for a bad night in November, it would have been his team that was playing Monday night against ND. Of course, since his team had not fared well in the Fiesta Bowl, that was probably a good thing. </p></li>
</ol>

<p>That said, my sons are a bit jealous of their sister who very easily can now claim a national championship…something they only dream of.</p>

<p>slippy, slippy, slippy. . .come to Hawaii. I’ve got a guest room. You can have all the free psychotherapy you want and need. We’ll watch T.J. take that pass into the end zone over and over until the tears have run dry. Then we’ll go to the beach, drink ourselves silly at the mai tai bar and practice saying, “Roll Tide” until it no longer hurts. We can wear purple and gold board shorts just to be fair.</p>

<p>Whaddya say? All you need is plane fare. The rest is on me. Geaux think about it, ok? :)</p>

<p>Malanai… Where’s the “like” button on this forum??</p>

<p>*96 seconds. If only LSU knew how to defend the screen pass, it could have been my team playing for the national championship.</p>

<p>Oh well. I’m trying. I really am.*</p>

<p>Hey everyone, let’s take up a collection to buy some cheese for that whine. And, a tix to South Bend so he can commiserate with the other sorrowful folks.</p>

<p>Oh come on. Bama might have beaten TAMU if it hadn’t thrown an interception at the end. Give it up. It is what it is. </p>

<p>And, oh my, THANK God that LSU didn’t go to the BCS since it flaked against CLEMSON. lol So, y’all ended up with THREE losses this year. </p>

<p>Oh, and since SO MANY of LSU’s juniors declared for the NFL draft, don’t be expecting too much out of the Tiggers next fall. </p>

<p>Geaux Tide</p>

<p>Malanai, I love your post!</p>

<p>And this . . .</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>was a keyboard drencher.</p>

<p>Malanai said:

</p>

<p>What Malanai said.
What a classy dame/dude!</p>

<p>slippy, it’s Mardi Gras season. Pity Tuscaloosa; they don’t have Mardi Gras. :(</p>

<p>I’ll pitch in for Slippy to fly over and visit Malani.
Why? At least he is trying to like Bama. Living around all these Aggies that still think they won the championship they did not even play in, nevermind they were never in the running for it. I’ll help out the fellow that at least will bend and send his kid to Bama.</p>

<p>Nick Saban Slippy2000, LOVE!</p>

<p>Malanai, you’ve done the impossible and made me wish - if only for a fleeting moment - that I was Slippy. Roll Tide.</p>

<p>Been really busy at work and not reading many posts lately. This one, and especially Malanai’s comment, kick-started my weekend. We really need a like button. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Simply. Hilarious!..</p>

<p>I was actually happy that Junior went back to Tuscaloosa the day of the game. I didn’t have to deal with the moral dilemma of rooting for Notre Dame in front of him.</p>

<p>Of course, by the end of the first quarter I was watching Real Housewives on the DVR.</p>

<p>Malanai, which airline has the cheapest flights? I’m packing as we speak.</p>

<p>^^ But doesn’t SEC brotherhood override rivalries? ;)</p>

<p>[In</a> The SEC, The Family Is Always First > SEC > NEWS](<a href=“Southeastern Conference”>Southeastern Conference)</p>

<p>Don’t worry, slippy. Baseball season is around the corner, and the Tigers’ best team will be on the field and they’ll be champions once again.</p>

<p>Exactly the way this Tarheel born and bred feels about Duke. It was kind of amazing that all my Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida friends seemed to be rooting for Bama. I love any team playing Duke and they feel the same way about any team playing UNC. Have fun in Hawaii!</p>

<p>Wish I had something to add. Here in NY, most people didn’t even know there was a game last Monday, and most of those who knew didn’t care. With two NFL teams (the Jets still count), college football is a foreign sport around here.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Atta boy, slippy. The cheapest is $838, but it involves multiple carriers, 3 stops, and 21+ hours. Fuggedaboutit.</p>

<p>For $956 we can hook you up on United with a sweet package: MSY-DEN, a short layover, then the nonstop from DEN-HNL. I say spring for the extra bucks; you’re otherwise comped here (including the 'Bama highlight DVD I’m assembling, the purple and gold board shorts special-ordered from Jams, and the Jordan Jefferson/Honey Badger mug shot montage that I found and purchased for you on Craig’s List). :)</p>

<p>And Southlander, thanks for your kind words. For the record, I’m a dude. :)</p>

<p>Malanai, you are the best! I always have a great laugh at your posts. I feel like I ought to talk like Slippy so I can come to Hawaii! I hope you’ll be on this forum for a long time to come.</p>

<p>I get it Slippy…our dogs Boomer and Norman are STILL bitter at DD’s decision to attend BAMA.</p>