GW Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

The George Washington University offers Early Decision but does not offer Early Action for freshman admissions.

The Early Decision (ED) deadline for Fall 2022 admission is November 1.

All ED1 applications should receive an admissions decision by January 1. Last year, GW admitted 846 of the 1,192 applicants who applied early decision. The acceptance rate was 70.97%.

For more information visit the The George Washington University page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other GW applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to The George Washington University? Why GW? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other GW topics visit the the-george-washington-university tag on CC Forums.

Have more information about GW Early Decision?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

a website says ed date is 12/17

1 Like

I thought that 12/17 is last year. And this year its “late December”.

But I would LOVE to hear back at 12/17!!

Anyone heard of anything regarding ED1?

My guess is either the 15th or 16th of December.

My guess is latest Friday the 17th. In the last 5 years, they’ve been released on weekdays, so I don’t think they’d release them on a weekend. Might just be a random coincidence but trying to find a common factor/pattern to nail down a date.

1 Like

Any update besides the speculation about the 17th?

Nope… heard nothing…

Hey guys! I just received an email from undergrad admissions that decisions will be out this Thursday, 12/16 evening!

3 Likes

Yay. Just saw that email too!!

Good luck everyone! Hoping for good news.

1 Like

Does anyone have an idea of what time it will be out?

Last year it was 4:00PM, however 2019, 2018, AND 2017 all came out at 5:00PM. My guess is one of those two.

2 Likes

Re my last post: all times I noted were EST.

1 Like

Can’t wait!! One more day everyone!

Good luck everyone! We got this!

2 Likes

It’s THE day!! Good luck everyone!

1 Like

Please post results! And post results from reddit too if you see some! Good luck!!!

1 Like

No email yet but decisions are live on the portal