GW Regular Decision 2023

This is a thread for both discussions and sharing decisions for the GW 2023 regular decision applicants. Good luck!

My son applied regular decision via the common app in October and has not received a GW ID# via email. Has anyone received an email from GW yet with this information?

@dcmom3boys Have you received an email about creating a portal login? If so, if you go to the portal and under the message “Hello, (your name)”, there should be a GW ID#.

To get your GWid, please visit http://go.gwu.edu/gwid

Applied to Elliot RD. IB student. Predicted 40/45. Did not submit SAT/ACT

When do decisions come out?

I think end of March for decisions

it’s been the last friday of march for the past two years @D3c1s10n

Hi! Can someone chance me for GW RD??

GPA: 3.28 UW, 3.72 W
SAT: 1360 (700 English, 660 Math)
7 APs by the end of senior year
5 Honors classes
Major: Political Science

Extracurriculars:

• 2 Congressional internships
  • founder of online magazine focused on social justice & pop culture
  • junior captain of school’s debate team
  • 200+ hours of volunteer hours
  • founder of educational seminar at my volunteer center.

^ Also I think my letters of rec are pretty good

Do RD decisions all get released the same day the way ED and EA do or do they roll out in a wave? Do you receive an email or snail mail? What date has it been in past?

I believe it has been the last Thursday of March, and usually around 5pm on email.

hi! does anyone know if george washington gives out money? i have a 1450 and a 4.4, which is somewhat about their averages. i really wanna go but can’t afford the school. is there any chance they would give me money

Received an email regarding housing in Global Connections/Sustainability. I guess everybody who applied must have got it. True ?

@Sgmom I got it

yeah i got it too

I want to live on foggy bottom but those communities seem really cool so i’m kinda conflicted

@iwannacry134 GW does give merit money. My son is a sophomore there now. He was accepted with a 4.2 GPA and 1570 SAT and they give him $25k/year merit scholarship. He is a Poli Sci major and really loves it. Good luck to you!

does anyone know when regular decision results come out?

last friday of march i think @kerlykerls