GW Regular Decision 2023

What are the chances of getting off the waitlist at GW? Are there any recent stats on this?

@medstu1324 where in the letter?

Got in w/ presidential scholarship 18,000 a year.

@aryamilka mine was in the second paragraph, starting with ā€œYour admission is further distinguishedā€¦ā€

Rejected with 1300 sat and 4.1 gpa student body president, 4 years of leadership, political campaign intern!! How many people did they accept?

Result: Accepted
School: Elliot
Male, TN
GPA UW 3.01 (reason behind it)
This year Weighted: 4.85
ACT: 33
Recs: Model UN Coach
Junior English teacher
Freshman English Teacher
Awards: Multiple International Model UN conference awards
Selected to All-American Model UN Team, Worked on Senate Campaign, Started School Genders & Sexualities Alliance, Tennis Player for 8 years, and previous International Relations Research

@medstu1324 last year, they over-enrolled so they didnā€™t take one person off the waitlist. Iā€™m guessing they did the opposite this year, and were more cautious. Thatā€™s just what I think because it seems like a lot of people got waitlisted!!

@hg0987 You give me hope man, congrats on JHU thatā€™s big time!!

I just got an email about my Financial Aid award but when I follow the instructions it says that no award info is available, does this mean I didnā€™t get anything?

To all those rejected and waitlisted: This is a brutal year with many schools cutting back from overenrollments last year. I am humbled by the stellar and quality candidates not admitted. You are all worthy of admission. Itā€™s a crapshoot and should play no role whatsoever in your self-perception. I wish you all well as a parent and have faith that you will find an excellent outcome.

Waitlisted 3.76 UW 4.1 W. Honestly devastated rn );

Rejected with 1590 SAT and 3.96 UW GPA with strong ECs

@CaptainBeckett Iā€™m with you man, still waiting on UNC, Amherst, UVA, and some Ivies. My confidence is gone. @ivyorbust27 you deserve better :frowning:

@medstu1324 last year no students were admitted from the waitlist because of how many they admitted. Hopefully this year they have changed it to accepting fewer students and waitlisting more because of how upset people were last year about 0 (zero!) kids coming off the waitlist.

@jdecker9 me too! My account says the same thing in the award area

@faZed672 I donā€™t think thatā€™s the finaid offer. Thatā€™s just a scholarship in addition to your fin aid. I got a scholarship too but thatā€™s not my financial aid

Accepted- (Elliot School)
Schlarship: Presidential 10k/year
Female
Miami, FL
Act: 30
GPA: 5.02
Hours: 1,873

Not sure where to find my financial aid but sending love to everyone reading this <3 good luck

@bigchungus785 hey, no problem!! Iā€™m glad I could :slight_smile: & thank you so much!! Donā€™t be too stressed about this decision. Youā€™re going to end up at college. Sending good luck to you !!!

@bigchungus785 thanks man you too. iā€™m a bit confused to be honest but ??ā€ā™€ļø
(btw my username is a joke for anyone reading who thinks i should be put in a psych ward)

For those that were waitlisted, did you get anything that said about the number of people that applied and were accepted? My letter never indicated any numbersā€¦