GW Regular Decision 2023

Accepted into the school of engineering
Presidential scholarship: 24K a year
ACT: 30
GPA: 4.19
Lots of EC and probably good recs
really unique essays

It says I can access my financial aid but it says there is nothing to view… anyone else??

Aahh nvm guys if you saw the letter on your phone, look at it on your laptop because on my phone I could only view half of my letter and the part about the scholarship was cut off. I ended up finding out I got the $24k presidential academic scholarship!!

1 Like

Got in!
SAT: 1320
GPA: 97/100 w

Accepted into Columbian College of Arts with 24k per year Presidential Scholarship
Female, OOS FL
GPA: 3.96
ACT: 32
SAT: 1390
Lots of EC including 4 years band (3 years leadership), 4 years varsity cheer (1 year head captain)

S19 accepted into the school of engineering
Presidential Scholarship: $20K
ACT: 34
GPA: 4.20
Main EC is Eagle Scout

Not expecting financial aid but there’s nothing in there yet. Eligible to potentially receive a tuition benefit through his dad’s employer (college) but that will be known around 4/1. It’s very competitive but provides 70% off tuition.

accepted into elliott!
gpa: 3.93 uw
sat: 1430
a couple different ec’s including a year of study abroad
presidential scholarship $24k / year

the only issue is that when i follow the email instructions GW sent on how to access a fin aid award, my portal says “no award information available” so i’m not sure what’s going on there. does anyone else have this problem? (i applied for aid)

to those of you who got into honors programs… where did you find out? in your admission letter?

does GW reject young applicants? (like 16)

Sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying! Yeah, that’s where my merit was. Financial aid is on GWeb, if you go to: Financial Aid > My Award Information > Award Year 19-20 > Award Overview, you should see your regular financial aid. @aryamilka

Accepted into School of Engineering: BME
GPA: 97.1/100
ACT: 35
Lots of EC’s: dance, theatre, vocal lessons, etc.
Presidential Scholarship: $28k/yr

If you cannot see your aid, check under eligibility. you might have more forms to send in (that’s what happened to me after I called and checked)

waitlisted, honestly kind of surprised

State: CT
ACT: 33
SAT: didn’t send
GPA: 93/100 UW (weakest part of my app i think) but had 96 gpa UW 1st sem senior year
school doesn’t rank
5 AP’s, AP Scholar w honor, other classes were honors and dual enrollment, Seal of Biliteracy in French
ECs: music for 10+ years with leadership and impressive performances/features, french club and mentor club president, french cultural exchange program, tutoring, babysitting, and part-time job, helped family business, volunteering with church and mission trips, etc etc etc

I’m just curious. Did anyone get accepted that applied without sending test scores?

@Lostinsearch I got in without submitting my test scores. However, I had a 3.9 (UW) and 4.1 (W) and got 22k/year.

@Lostinsearch I applied test optional and I was accepted. SEAS and 4.07 W GPA and 28k/year

Yep- decisions are out! Daughter thrilled to be accepted today:

Northern California
4.6 w gpa
Avg SAT
Eclectic ECs
Wonderful letters of rec

Good luck folks!

@Youngmis123 They apparently overenrolled the class of 2022

Accepted into Arts and Sciences. Applied to School of Media and Public Affairs as first choice but it never clarified that I got rejected from that school and instead into A&S. Should I just assume that it means I just got into my second choice instead or would it not clarify that I got into media/public affairs bc it’s within arts and sciences?

Accepted to biology w/ 22,000 a year
White male from MD
WGPA: 4.6, UW: 3.86
Sat: 1490
9 APs
ECs: lots of theater and interest in medicine (clubs at my school, shadowing doctors, have my CNA license)

Accepted w/ 14k merit scholarship, honestly still kinda shook
Didn’t send test scores
3.7uw 4.1w
8 AP’s
Lots of ec 3 leadership positions
QB prep scholar
Prestigious (free) summer program at a t20
Weaker essays compared to my others tbh
Solid LOR’s