GW Regular Decision 2023

Did anyonee get an email about their acceptance yet or just the portal so far?

Accepted with 18K merit into Arts and Sciences
33 ACT
3.7 uw/4.1 w
9 APs
leadership positions

accepted into the honors program and 22k per year!
act: 34
gpa: 3.8 UW, 4.75 W
lots of ECs

It says it is only good towards your undergraduate degree.

accepted to a&s with merit!!
sat: 1450
gpa: 4.0 w
6 APs, my school doesn’t rank, a bunch of ECs

For those who were waitlisted with above average medians - yield projection is one of the likely reasons why you were. Many universities waitlist students that they believe can and will end up attending a higher ranked university.

Accepted to the school of engineering (for cs) and the honors program!!
Presidential scholarship: 30K a year
SAT: 1490
GPA: 4.0 uw
Lots of EC and probably good recs

Accepted into the school of business with presidential academic scholarship.

Rejected:
1440 SAT
4.175 gpa
Gymnastics, Marching Band, leader of a club, flute choir, NHS, and other honor societies
Full IB diploma
I honestly was really disappointed and have no idea why I got rejected

Accepted - Elliot School of International Affairs Women’s leadership program and the Presidential Scholarship. WOHOOOOOOO

I got accepted 4.0W 34 ACT but only 14K in Presidential Scholarship which makes it out of reach-does anyone know if they match other schools offers?

Anyone know when financial aid packages come out? Couldn’t find this info on the FA website.

Hey everyone wondering about financial aid not showing up, I called the office and she says they just updated the accounts with the award packages only an hour ago so mine showed up!!

ACCEPTED!!! I’m so excited! Accepted to Elliot School with Presidential Scholarship of 25K and into the Women’s Leadership program

Stats:
ACT: 32
GPA: 4.5
President of Spanish Honors Society, Student leader in City Teen Court, and I think my recs were pretty strong

Accepted to Elliot ACT 27 GPA 4.0 (deffo on the lower percentile of accepted students so i was shocked!!!)

D Accepted!! College of Arts and Sciences, $25k presidential Scholarship
ACT: 34
GPA: 4.0 UW

ACCEPTED into Elliot School of International Affairs and the Honors Program
Test Optional
95/100 GPA
8 AP’s (4 right now during senior year) AP Bio, AP Literature, AP Psych, and AP Statistics
AP Human Geo 4
AP Language and Composition 4
AP US Gov 5
AP US History 4
I thought I had wonderful letters of recommendations from two teachers who not only know me really well but are also great writers
I also thought my essays were really great and personal, I spent a lot of time on them
EC’s are good, but I wouldn’t say they are outstanding or anything crazy special

I’m so thrilled! Congrats to everyone that got in! And if you didn’t, I’ve been dealing with rejection letters all week. Just know that you will go wherever is best for you! It’s about what you make of it and what you do, not where you go! Good Luck! :smile:

S accepted with $24K per year Presidential scholarship.

SAT 1450/4.0 UW
no ranking at school,
2 AP’s (school only offered 2 AP’s in senior year and seniors were only allowed to take the 2)
rest of classes all honors from freshman - senior
2 college classes (A’s)
SAT II English 760 and Am History 740.
Strong EC’s.
No idea about the LOR as he never saw them.
Accepted to arts and sciences.
NY

If there is no mention of the honor’s program on the emailed letter, does that mean he wasn’t offered a spot?

The Honors decision is not mentioned in the acceptance letter. He should be able to scroll down a little on his GW portal, underneath “View my Decision” and see a blue box with “Honors”. His decision should be there! @familyfromLI

ok, lets see if he can find it - thank you!