GW Regular Decision 2023

@sdl0625 No app numbers in letter.

I got accepted into their Milken School of Public Health but I cannot find the FA. I see my merit award in my letter but what about the federal loans I qualify for? Etc? Does anyone else have this problem?

Log onto GWeb, and then:
Financial Aid > My Award Information > Award History
@Lola221

Did anyone else get guaranteed transfer for second year?

Do any RD people have FA packages? Son’s is blank.

My S19’s “FA” was listed later in the evening. He received $20k merit plus the stock $5.5k loan and that’s it.

@STEM2017 I have my FA package. Try calling the school

Accepted to College of Arts&Sciences w/ 22k/yr presidential award!
ACT: 31
SAT: 1400
GPA: 3.8 uw 4.2 w
Strong ECs
NHS

I’m really surprised I got in considering how competitive it was this year, I’m a pretty normal applicant but I did move cross country in the middle of my junior year so that did play to my advantage in some ways. Good luck everyone and congrats!

Daughter was accepted to Elliot with $17k Presidential Award. Jesuit Prep School
ACT: 32 (36 on reading and writing sections)
GP: 3.8uw, 4.38w
Strong EC’s (editor newspaper and literary magazine)

waitlist

@art651 My older son was accepted to GW a few years ago and he did receive a nice package from GW in the mail.

Rejected
1540 SAT
3.86/4.67 GPA
10 APs
2 varsity sports
Active in Clubs and Community

Does anyone know the acceptance rate this year?

I was waitlisted regular decision (likely partly due to financial reasons). Does anyone know when the notification date would likely be? I have to submit scholarship paperwork by the end of May stating where I’m going, so I don’t want to join the waitlist if I would loose my scholarship.

Most schools can take up to June 1, idk about GWU specifically though @english789

Congrats to all those who got in! I’m a current freshman so if you all have any questions I’m happy to answer. I know housing especially is something people worry about a lot

Got accepted! Do we get a package in the mail as well?

@Kd6410 Thank you for answering questions! My DS19 will be going to Inside GW next week. Can you explain a bit about the dining plan? Do students feel a sense of community at GW? Is it easy to minor/double major across schools within GW?

@massmomtothree there is also a GW parents FB group.

@kd6410 - Hi! I am one of the few people on earth who doesn’t facebook, so if the offer still stands, here goes:

1. I vaguely remember when I was there with my son over the summer that there are two locations where students can be housed - would you mind giving us your perpective with regard to being in one location and travelling to the other for classes? Is it a pain? Does it take long? Do you walk or have to take a shuttle? Is one nicer than the other?
  2. Is housing guranteed all four years?
  3. Can you tell us about the no dining hall situation - how does that work?
  4. What's the weather like in the winter and how hot does it get towards April/May - is there a/c?

Thanks so much!