GW Regular Decision 2023

@Massmomtothree

I’m not in Trails but I’ve heard it’s a fairly active (and popular) club. I’m not sure if there’s small local music venues but there are a lot of concerts here in general. Quite often on the GW 2022 page someone is looking for a concert buddy or selling tickets to a concert. If your son likes nature there’s some areas near the national mall that have a forest/park feel. I know hiking is popular as well, I think people go to Virginia for that

@Kd6410 - ok thanks. My son has a serious nut allergy so will look into the GW Aetna plan.

Still nothing in S’s financial aid portal. We called last week and they just told S to keeping checking regularly.

Anyone else still waiting?

I am still waiting on mine as well. I tried to call and was put on hold for over 30 minutes so I gave up and emailed them instead. Waiting on a response.

@STEM2017 @csimp311 after trying 2 days straight to get through to them as well yesterday the portal suddenly indicated documents were missing…i actually got someone on the phone (call exactly at 9 when they open) and they said they now needed an irs transcript and it would take 3-4 weeks to process the aid offer…yikes not alot of time to make decisions on this end! hope it is faster than that…dont know why they wouldnt have indicated they wanted that earlier?

Thanks @notmaggie

We found that the best way to reach them is by immediately leaving your number for a callback. Takes an hour, but it’s better than waiting on hold.

So far all of S’s docs appear to be entered. Some are “ready for review” so I guess this means they haven’t got to them yet. Hope they don’t run out of money. ?

Hi Im late to this thread.

Accepted to major in CS.at SEAS.
ACT 34 (math 35) 6 APs and 6 Honors GPA 91.

Im pretty passionate about anything to do with computing and I write a lot of code. I was the student rep on School District Tech Cttee , Designed and built the official app for my HS. Designed some of my own software . Worked as a software developer for a start up. President of CS club.

I wrote a bit of an obscure common essay, not sure how it went down. I wrote my GW essay about social media and what I would do to make it a safer place, and somehow (dont ask me how) it finished up on Therapy Dogs. I hit send before I could change my mind.

@STEM2017 How did you leave a callback

@csimp311 After I was put on hold, I pressed “2” to leave my name and number. However, I called today and this option didn’t come up. They may have changed the system.

@stem2017 are you going to accepted students day at all. Maybe a physical trip to the Finaid office in Marvin is in order…

I am going on the 12th and had already planned on talking to the financial aid office. My concern is will they have everything corrected sooner rather than later so I can make my final decision. A previous post said their problem would take 3-4 weeks to correct. @sdl0625

@sdl0625 We are thinking alike.

We are going to “Inside GW” on April 5th. I’ll swing by and try to sit with a senior counselor. I got through today and was told it will probably be a while before son gets his package - one of his docs (a doc of little importance, IMO) arrived late.

@STEM2017 and @sdl0625 - my son was thinking about doing a GWU admitted student event, but said he couldn’t find any info except for one that happened back in March (before the RD applicants would have had their decisions?) - can you please share where you found info on an April accepted student event? Thanks!

@familyfromLI

On his portal, right below the Financial Aid section is the “Inside GW: Our Admitted Student Event” section with dates and info.

Good luck!

@STEM2017 - he may looked everywhere . . . BUT there :smile:

Hey everyone! Does anyone know if GW mails out physical acceptance letters or packages??

@01pabs They have for the past few years, so I assume so.

Admitted! GPA: 4.2 ACT: 31, many extracurriculars. I accepted my admissions offer… but what programs do they have to find a roommate etc?

I had the same problem… and I am also apart of the Milken’s Institute for Public Health. I contacted them and am awaiting a response

S’s Financial Aid package was updated yesterday.

Fair.