GWU Waitlist 2026

for those of us with a literal mid decision

Anyone know if they’ll be accepting a lot of people off the waitlist this year? Common data set for last year looked pretty promising. Wonder if it’ll be the same for this year as well.

1 Like

I think they will rely on it more this year

I think so too. Are you on the waitlist as well if you don’t mind me asking?

Anyone heard anything?

Will waitlist decisions be released around May 1st or end of May? I’ve seen conflicting dates on GW resources

Yes I am on the waitlist waiting to hear back!

1 Like

I received an email on Apr 15 saying they’ll send an email asking for an update. But I never received the new email. Did anyone receive an email for an update?

All I received was an email to “provide an opportunity to update us on your academic and personal accomplishments since your application was submitted.” but I was sent that on April 7th. What did your email look like?

2 Likes

I called and they said waitlist updates throughout the summer so you will get a response by August at the latest. You can get a decision earlier, it all depends which sucks.

It would appear that they may be done. Received this a few minutes ago:

“Thank you for your interest in the George Washington University and for your patience on our waitlist. This year, GW received more than 27,000 applications for first-year admissions, and currently, we are at capacity for our entering class this fall. Therefore, we will not be admitting anyone from the waitlist this year.”

2 Likes