Gwynedd Mercy University- BSN Fall 2015

Hello,

I was accepted into GMU’s BSN for Fall 2015 as a transfer student. Not too many threads for Gwynedd so I decided to start one and see if anyone else out there will be attending for Nursing. They were the only school to offer me a scholarship thus far and accepted a generous amount of my 87 total credits.

GMU is well known in the Philly area for their nursing program, not to mention the added value due to their generous aid packages. They offer the same clinical sites as all of the super selective schools in Philadelphia, therefore you are exposed to the same clinical scenarios/ opportunities as Penn, Drexel and Villanova nursing students.

For those unfamiliar with GMU:
“Gwynedd Mercy University is a Catholic university located in Gwynedd Valley of Lower Gwynedd Township, Pennsylvania, 25 miles (40 km) northwest of downtown Philadelphia within the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. In addition to the Gwynedd Valley campus, Gwynedd Mercy also has locations in Philadelphia, East Norriton and Bensalem, Pennsylvania.[1]
Gwynedd Mercy University was founded in 1948, as Gwynedd-Mercy College, by the Sisters of Mercy as a junior college. In 1963 the college was rechartered as a baccalaureate institution. As of 2012, Gwynedd Mercy University had a student enrollment of 2700 and is ranked by U.S. News & World Report’s “America’s Best Colleges” publication as one of the top master’s-level colleges and universities in the north region.[2] As of September 2013 the school achieved University status; renaming itself Gwynedd Mercy University. [3]”

For those who are familiar I would love to hear your feedback, specifically regarding the Nursing program.