Haircuts?

<p>What are some cheap places near campus for men’s haircuts? DS likes a buzz cut every few weeks.</p>

<p>My son doesn’t know the definition of the word “haircut.”</p>

<p>My kids went to that place in Midtown Village, but that might be pricey if a haircut is every few weeks. 2-3 weeks? </p>

<p>Seems like a buzz cut could be done at a barber. </p>

<p>Don’t know how close this is to the univ…</p>

<p>Just For Him
2320 University Blvd
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401</p>

<p>just checked…it’s downtown. I can’t think if there’s a place on The Strip or not.</p>

<p>There’s a place right across Campus Dr from Publix, closer to University Dr., but I don’t remember the name. They did a good job on NRDSON. Maybe NRDMOM will remember how much it cost (I think $12 - $14).</p>

<p>Funny this topic comes up today…So I get a text message from my credit card co. that I have a charge for something called Headstart. I text both my boys to say hey what is this and my UA DS texts back that it was for his haircut. He said “dad I may be away from home but I’m not in the army, there’s no Bama barber, I’ve got to go off campus and get it done”. I laughed and realized of course he does. When I asked where the barber was he said somewhere on the strip. He commented that it was obviously a popular place since it was full of UA kids.</p>

<p>^^^Class2012Mom, now that you say Publix, I vaguely remember a haircut place near the UPS store across from Publix. I bet that is Headstart.</p>

<p>S went to Sports Clips once by Best Buy area - found it very expensive. He goes to one near/on the Strip now (he thinks it’s actually a ladies place, but they do men as well) - it is much cheaper. I asked our local Great Clips person here in IL if there was something similar down there (cheap, on-the-go type place), and she said to check out the SmartStyle salon inside of Walmart.<br>
Sure enough: SMARTSTYLE LOCATED INSIDE WAL-MART #715
1501 SKYLAND BLVD STE D
TUSCALOOSA, AL 35405
(205) 349-4366
or
SMARTSTYLE LOCATED INSIDE WAL-MART #2306
5710 MCFARLAND BLVD
NORTHPORT, AL 35476
(205) 339-5185</p>

<p>If anyone has any experience with this one, please post.</p>

<p>My son used to go to Sports Clips when he was at Bama. Yes, it’s a little pricey, but they did a very nice job with his haircut.</p>