Haiti

<p>I watched photos of the
earthquake and
I cried. It was heart-wrenching.
So, I wanted to find out
1. How do you feel about the Hatian earthquake
2. Are there any people from Haiti on this board? If so, Are you upset? Do you know whether your family is safe?</p>

<ol>
<li> I feel powerless. its as though my whole world has collapsed. my family is reeling to say the least. the news is heartbreaking and CNN is now fixed to our tv screen during our waking hours. i feel like im overloaded with emotions, for my family for our friends’ families. </li>
</ol>

<p>what you must understand is that its not only your family or your friends families who are hurting right now. but we have lost a country. a home that even at its best, life was still very hard and complicated.<br>
the president is homeless. the palace is destroyed and his personal home is gone. im speechless and incredibly heartbroken to see this happen to my friends and family.</p>

<ol>
<li>im haitian. and sad. and worried.
some family is safe, we are fortunate and blessed. others are not so lucky.</li>
</ol>

<p>I feel selfish. It was heartbreaking reading the news, but that was it. I had a good day. If I had a family member living there though, I wouldn’t even be able to sleep properly. I am amazed at how indifferent I can be to a situation like this just because this didn’t happened to me. Yet, I can’t help it which is sad. I will pray for people in Haiti.</p>

<p>I am so sorry spark432. I think there are no words to express what you must be going through. i will pray for you.</p>

<p>I have tons of family in Haiti: aunts, uncles, cousin, grandma. I’m extremely worried about the situation. I don’t know whether they’re OK. Despite the uncertainty, I’m very proud to live in a country that has gone out of its way to make the situation known and that has done so much to alleviate the pain so prevalent abroad. I will be praying.</p>

<p>i know CNN had in one of those articles about Haiti if you’re looking for lost loved ones go to ireport.com</p>

<p>[Looking</a> for loved ones in Haiti: News & Videos about Looking for loved ones in Haiti - CNN iReport](<a href=“http://www.ireport.com/ir-topic-stories.jspa?topicId=381628]Looking”>http://www.ireport.com/ir-topic-stories.jspa?topicId=381628)</p>

<p>I give my condolences to anyone that are worried or have lost people in this horrible event.</p>

<p>Spark and franchize my heart goes out to you and your families, do not lose hope. I have you in my prayers…</p>

<ol>
<li><p>I feel frustrated that I can’t do anything, frustrated that although I live in a town ranked 15th in the nation in terms of Haitian population, my school has done nothing, frustrated that I didn’t try to convince my relatives to come here when they could, and frustrated that I can’t ease my mother’s grief. I feel like my mother won’t ever stop crying, and that I can never understand the depth of her loss.</p></li>
<li><p>I have tons of family in Haiti, and I’ve lost a significant amount: cousins, aunts, uncles, and, worst of all, my grandmother. I didn’t sleep at all last week, and handed in a blank Spanish exam because I simply could not complete it. I found out about my grandmother’s death the day of my Spanish exam, went to school anyway, and ended up failing terribly. Then I just broke down, caved in, realized that I wasn’t as strong as I liked to think, and went home.</p></li>
</ol>

<p>My best friend’s family is all safe (her parents both live in Haiti), so I’m happy for her. Still, a small part of me is selfish and wishes I could say that my family was all safe, too.</p>

<p>**and I know this is really late and after the fact, but this is truly how I felt–and still feel.</p>

<p>oh, no…
thats awful
i can’t imagine…</p>

<p>My uncle & his wife got back from Haiti two days before the earthquake. They’ve been doing Missions trips there for about a year. He just returned a couple weeks ago; they’re going to adopt a little girl they got really close. :)</p>

<ol>
<li><p>I feel devastated that I can’t do anything to help. I actually did donate $5 but I know that wasn’t a lot. It’s just so heartbreaking seeing the photos and videos of people being pulled from debris WEEKS after the earthquake happened. For me, the hardest thing is knowing that hundreds of kids are now orphans because they’re parents died :(</p></li>
<li><p>No, but speaking to spark432 and thefranchize9, I’m deeply sorry. I cannot imagine what you two are going through…your families are in my prayers.</p></li>
</ol>

<p>They have a fundraiser going on at my school for it. You take your money and put it in a jar that two teachers have. The sad thing is people have actually stolen money from the jar. I mean come on, why would you take money from Haiti? IMO, That’s so pathetic…</p>

<p>Also, how many of you like the “We are the World 25 for Haiti” song? What do you think about it?</p>

<p>I absolutely loved the remake of We Are the World. I actually wrote an article about it for my school newspaper. Of course, I like the original better, but it’s amazing how so many people came together to help raise money for Haiti.</p>