Hamilton Admissions Fall 2022

Applying to Hamilton College in 2022? Here’s the thread for you to connect with other Hamilton College applicants and share stats, news or admissions updates.

How does your application compare to students admitted last year? Take a look at the chart below and then share your stats, activities and more.

Hamilton College 2021 Admitted Student Statistics
Admitted Students in Top 10% of Graduating Class 86%
Admissions Test Policy Test scores are considered and required
Applicants Submitting SATs 43%
Applicants Submitting ACTs 40%
Waitlist Yes

A Note on Admissions Data We get our data from Peterson’s. If any of the data seems off, this wiki-post allows registered CC members to edit, update, or add useful information, like admissions and decisions dates and additional stats. If you have updated statistics from a trustworthy source, you are welcome to add it to this post. To make changes, just click Edit in the lower right corner.

To learn more about Hamilton College, check out the Admissions page on College Confidential’s College Search.

According to the latest email I got, regular decisions will be out Friday, March 25th, at 8PM EDT.

1 Like

why is this thread silent

4 Likes

I think it’s because Hamilton confirmed its date of notification March 4th - way in advance of most schools. So, it’s put the kibosh on portal astrology. The school threads where there is no idea when the decision will come are currently full of speculation about portal changes…kinda crazy and funny. Check out WashU, Wesleyan, Vassar.

1 Like

Did you receive an email from Hamilton? My daughter has not.

Yes on March 4th they said:

" At this point, we plan to release our decisions to Hamilton’s Class of 2026 candidates on Friday, March 25, at 8 p.m. EDT. If that changes, we will notify you accordingly via this email address.”

Then they asked: " For fun, we’re creating our third annual Hamilton College admission playlist. We want to fill it with songs that help us keep our energy up and put us in the mood to make good decisions. If you are interested in participating in the fun, please We will share the final playlist on our social media channels this spring.”

Check her spam mail folder. I noticed that at least a handful of important emails got tossed in there. It was from "T. Peaches Valdes via technolutions.net” but the associated email address was admissions@hamilton.edu

3 Likes

Interesting! I received it on Feb 26th.

Thanks. Just checked and she did get the email.

1 Like

accepted!!!

1 Like

got in!

deleted

My daughter got waitlisted. It was her top choice so she’s bummed… but it was a bit of a stretch and definitely a tough year for admissions.

Congrats to all those who got in!

3 Likes

You should have your daughter write a note to her admissions officer telling them how Hamilton is her first choice and why she thinks she would be a good fit for the Hamilton community. Make sure it is very well written. The more interest you show the better your chances of getting in off the wait list. Good luck. I’m sure she has plenty of good options so all will be well.

3 Likes

Haven’t heard from S so I assume rejected

S22 accepted! It was so awesome to see the confetti after recent rejections from Colby and Williams.

5 Likes

D22 waitlisted. 1500 SAT. 3.9 gpa. Lots of leadership stuff. I don’t think completed the additional essay questions requested after submitting the common app - so not surprising not accepted as lack of strong interest evident. Was second choice within NESCAC and accepted at the other so won’t pursue the waitlist.

Any idea what number applicants/acceptance rate this year? thank u! heard was largest applicant pool ever.

Hamilton is not listed here yet, but I’m sure it will show up eventually:

2 Likes

Just added Hamilton to the list today. A record low 11.8% acceptance rate.

2 Likes