Hamilton Admissions Fall 2022

Yes, and if you back out ED admits, the RD acceptance rate is below 10%.

hello! i got waitlisted by Hamilton. Do a lot of people get off the waitlist or should i give up on getting in hamilton? I sent my LOCI and the dean of admissions replied fast too

Last year, 1782 students accepted a place on Hamilton’s waiting list, and none were admitted. Having posted this simply to answer your question directly, note that this is a different year, with different circumstances. If your enthusiasm for Hamilton remains high, I’d encourage you to wait a bit longer before giving up hopes of acceptance. Your main attention at this time, however, would best be devoted to deciding from among those colleges that have offered you admission. Nonetheless, you can continue to update Hamilton should you be able to report any recent achievements.

Best of luck to you!

1 Like

Last year was a strange one. Someone told me 600 students in the Class of 2025 said yes to Hamilton’s acceptance, which is about 125 more than Hamilton wanted (most classes are about 475). The yield was extremely high so nobody was admitted off the wait list. I’m not sure what it is in normal years.

This happened at several schools. I believe they over corrected, preferring to go into the WL then end up in that situation again. It’s reasonable to expect some WL movement this year. (Speaking broadly, not Hamilton specifically)

i really hope it moves this year, hamilton is truly my dream school but i am an intl needing a full ride so i’m not hopeful

I am sorry but I think that makes it unlikely that you will be called off the waitlist. Many WL are need aware even for US applicants.

yes i know, i treat wls as rejections anyways