Hamilton Class of 2027 Official Thread

did they interview as well?

Yes, but that was scheduled much earlier in the fall.

1 Like

My son (applying RD) interviewed in October with Hamilton and received a letter in the mail in November saying that his interviewer reported “a very positive interview experience” and mentioning a few of the topics they discussed. Did others receive this? We weren’t sure if this was something they did with many applicants just to build excitement about the school–such as when schools mention an essay topic in an acceptance letter.

ETA: I went back and found the letter sent and edited for clarity.

1 Like

That’s very impressive! Mine received a letter with a reference to something they talked about but no mention of being ranged highly!

Here is the link to the information about the shuttles for breaks that Hamilton runs just as an FYI: How to Get Around - Recess Shuttle Schedule - Hamilton College. Syracuse airport is about 45 minutes from campus and I know some students use Uber or a car service if the shuttle times don’t work. Albany airport is about 1.5 hours. I think California is the state with the 4th most students at Hamilton, so plenty of students do the trip. We live in Massachusetts so it’s just a drive and I will admit that if we were from California I would have some reservations also. But obviously the travel is feasible with some planning.

2 Likes

Also got a letter after the interview. It was nice, but don’t remember the wording or it suggesting that the interview gave an advantage in the process.

is 1470 good enough for an international student?

What are your finances ? That’s more important. But likely yea.

1 Like

This score would place you within the middle range of attending students at Hamilton (1440–1520). Note, however, that Hamilton only “considers” standardized scoring results, while it marks several other criteria as “very important” or “important,” in applicant evaluation.

i need a full ride lmao

I saw that email from the admission vice president i got so scared

It will be harder (but not impossible!) for you in that case, since Hamilton is not needs blind for international students. Best of luck!

thank you!

2 Likes

Good luck for any ED2 here!!!

You too!

@Toasteeed did you get in?

1 Like

My D got in ED 2! Any others apply ED2 ?

2 Likes

FYI, Hamilton says decisions will be 3/23 at 8pm (EST) versus College Confidential’s tracker saying 3/25.

3 Likes

i read some threads saying the interview is very helpful in boosting your chances for hamilton college. i didnt do the optional writing or hamilton hello but did the interview. im a bit worried if this will hurt me a lot in the long run but hamilton is one of my top choices right now. any help?

2 Likes

My kiddo did not do the hello, essay or interview. She did however, submit an arts supplement video that has been viewed a decent number of times (on YouTube as private link so can track views). She is not someone who gets things done way ahead of deadlines, and Hamilton’s app happened to be one of the last ones she did, so no slots were available for the interview, she was burnt out on essays. We were only able to visit one on her list but she only applied to ones she is seriously interested in. I too am afraid all of this is going to hurt her. All we can do for now is wait.

1 Like