Hamilton Class of 2027 Official Thread

Waitlisted, too, but didn’t do anything optional to demonstrate interest. Will be responding to be removed from consideration. (If you didn’t see it, they asked for a response either way.)

DD accepted. She didn’t do the optional essay or the Hamilton Hello. She did submit an arts supplement for dance.
4.0 school doesn’t weight or rank
Rigorous top boarding school
36 ACT
Great recs
Pre-pro trained ballet dancer who wants to dance recreationally in college and major in math
Rejected from two SLAC’s last week. Waiting on 4 more. Was hoping for more aid based on our NPC.

1 Like

did an interview- responded to waitlist to stay on

does letter say how many applied?

1 Like

ACCEPTED!!!
large public CA high school
4.0/4.6
Rank 5/400
35 ACT
good ECs
2 jobs

did the supplement. Finally! He has been rejected/WL at 6 other Northeast LACs. Very happy. Two more to hear from next week but extremely likely to attend Hamilton!!!

10 Likes

hi just popping in to say congrats, from a current freshman at hamilton! feel free to reach out : )

6 Likes

hey guys! does anyone who got in RD know when accepted students day is? I got in as a Jan during ED1 and my portal hasn’t been updated since December 15th but I’m assuming maybe they gave RD applicants more info in their letter since it should be in the next few weeks?

According to my portal–“We welcome you to visit campus on a Monday or a Friday in April for our special “Celebrate Thyself” days for admitted students. There’s a welcome reception, campus and residence hall tours, opportunities to sit in on a class, and lunch from our favorite food trucks. If you can’t visit on a Monday or a Friday, we have other options during the week and on Saturdays.”

5 Likes

Thanks for the info!

Finally!!! He’s been accepted!
1510 SAT
97 GPA from BxSci
7 APs
travel soccer and other ECs
Works in a family restaurant

5 Likes

It did not.

thank you! how has your first year been?

Rejected but they insisted and recommended transferring in after my first year. :frowning: Little upset but it’s totally fine! I did the interview, supplement, and even visited the school. I got into my top school with a full ride a few weeks ago. So, rejection or not, everybody will find their perfect fit!! Congrats to everyone!!!

Can I ask where you got the full ride?

1 Like

S23 was accepted as a Jan Term. He’s both exhilarated by the possibilities of that and thrown a bit for a loop as not expecting it. I’m still pondering the finances offered, as the cost isn’t quite where we hoped.

1480 SAT, 3.8u/4.1W, 9 APs, good EC with leadership in some diverse areas, leadership in paid work. He had shown quite a bit of interest as it one of his 2-3 top choices, including doing the interview, essay question and the “hello,” but didn’t submit other supplements.

4 Likes

Us too. Much higher than the NPC. :cry:

Anyone have any insight into Hamilton’s historic acceptances off of waitlist?

Historically, Hamilton has accepted from none (as was the case last year) to over 50 students from its waitng list. I wish your child the best of luck.

This is from Common Data Set - 22/23. 1586 accepted a spot. Just to add context to the zero.

Even if they took anyone - the odds would be long it would be a specific kid.

WAITING LIST TOTAL
Number of qualified applicants offered a place on waiting list: 3054
Number accepting a place on the waiting list: 1586
Number of wait-listed students admitted: 0

The previous year was 1782 on the list and 0 admitted.

OP - look elsewhere - it’s time to find a new favorite.

I think this is, in part, because it’s a rich kid’s school - so while some may have price shock, enough won’t…enough to fill their slots.

1 Like