Hamilton College Jan Admit 2027

My son was an economics major so I cannot speak to the science classes. You’d have to reach out to Hamilton and ask those questions.

1 Like

Your son would require the equivalent of one course, Principles of Chemistry, to progress on-track as a chemistry major at Hamilton. One option would be for him to take a similar course this summer at a local college or university. This would serve as a prerequisite for Organic Chemistry I, which then could be taken at Hamilton during the spring semester.

Note that courses in academic disciplines such as government, sociology and psychology are also available at Arcadia. Alternatively, note that Arcadia represents just one academic option for Hamilton January admits.

1 Like

My son ED1 was also admitted as a Jan. He is a science kid looking for bio, chem or biochem. He is in the same boat and worried about falling behind in science classes from the start. He is weighing his options, but Hamilton has been on the top of his list for a while. We are attending the virtual Jans meeting next week hoping to get more information.

2 Likes

With respect to general biology, at least, entry level courses are offered in both the fall and spring.

1 Like

Their new science facility is amazing!

4 Likes

Hi,

My daughter was a Jan last semester, now at Hamilton. She is very happy right now, got her bio course and all of her other required courses this semester. While the London semester definitely has hard aspects, she met her 3 best friends in London and they plan on joining a sorority which will help them meet and connect with others.

I do have to say that the school really looks out for their kids in so many unique ways, if you really want Hamilton, then it is worth doing the London semester.

3 Likes

You are admitted in the fall. You graduate on time with your class, etc. You just don’t do your first fall on campus but in London.

It may not be what you want, but it doesn’t have all the downsides you suggest.

2 Likes