Hanging mirror in dorm

<p>We would like to hang a full length mirror on the back of the closet door in tutwiler, but usually that would be done with a drill and screws, which obviously we can’t do! How do all the girls do that? Will command strips hold a mirror up?</p>

<p>Lightweight mirrors can be hung with command strip picture hangers. That’s what D2 did last year.</p>

<p>Some mirrors also have an overdoor hanging hook that you can use. But command strips also should work, either two or three.</p>

<p>I just bought an over-the-door full-length mirror at Ross yesterday for $9.99. The over-the-door hooks are included. I bought a white one but they had pink, purple, orange, black and white.</p>

<p>Thanks everyone! We have already purchased the mirror, I do not see any hooks on the back but we will try the command strips.</p>

<p>over the door hooks is the norm. command strips should work. just use enough for the weight. </p>

<p>i like the command strip idea best. it looks neater and won’t flop around as much.</p>

<p>if you use over the door hooks, consider a command strip or two at the bottom to prevent the “flopping” of the mirror. Also try to find the non-glass mirrors like Ikea has- they are light weight and don’t break.</p>

<p>yes, that works too vlines. : )</p>

<p>At least in Ridgecrest South. the over the door hooks will prevent the door from closing smoothly. Target will have a million of the light weight mirrors available for student night shopping (all colors) (adhesive strips included).</p>

<p>my daughter had an over the door mirror on her closet door in RCS and it closed just fine. i suppose this could vary from room to room.</p>

<p>Oh sorry, I meant the room door. The closet doors were used for over the door pocket organizers. One for each door was very handy.</p>

<p>she had some other over the door thing on her room door.</p>

<p>so none of our over the door items interfered with doors closing, but i am sure it does sometimes. : )</p>

<p>^^^I guess it depends on how tight the door is inside the door jamb, but I think that it is best not to hang anything over the door (exit) so as not to interfere with entrance/exit or complete locking of the door (IMO).</p>

<p>This is probably a dumb question, but I’ve never had sliding doors. I am assuming that you can’t use over the door hangers on the sliding closet doors that the honors dorms other than RCS have. Correct?</p>

<p>correct…</p>

<p>Yeah I see your point, and touche. But never give up, alright?</p>

<p>Sent from my Desire HD using CC</p>

<p>Beth’s Mom, not all of the honors dorms have sliding closet doors. I know that Ridgecrest South and Ridgecrest West have closet doors that open out and am not sure about the other honors dorms.</p>

<p>Target will have plenty of dorm room mirrors for around $4.99 or $7.99.</p>

<p>Thanks, Sea_Tide. I was not aware that the RCW doors opened out - I thought they were sliders. Good to know!!</p>

<p>SEA_Tide, will you be in T-town on August 10 and if yes, would you like to come to dinner with the group of Chicago people? Our treat. I feel it’s the least we can do.</p>

<p>I hung a mirror from Target using the over-door hooks on my closet door when I lived in Crest West (sophomore year), so I can testify that it works. I also used a command strip at the bottom of the mirror to reduce the mirror’s banging against the door.</p>