Hanging mirror in dorm

<p>Thanks MesquiteGirl! </p>

<p>Housing needs to update its website to put correct floor plans on there. The RCW floorplan I’ve been relying on shows sliding closet doors as well as a door between the living area and the hallway to the bedrooms, which door I’ve been told doesn’t exist. I don’t want to think about what else on there is wrong.</p>

<p>We had no problems with the various types of over the door hangers we used at RCS. Keep in mind though that the humidity can sometimes affect how the doors fit.</p>

<p>Beth’s Mom, the floorplan for Ridgecrest East <a href=“http://housing.ua.edu/halls/floorplans/rvr_rdg_floorplans/RCE_FP_Rendering_01-05-2009_be-FOUR.pdf[/url]”>http://housing.ua.edu/halls/floorplans/rvr_rdg_floorplans/RCE_FP_Rendering_01-05-2009_be-FOUR.pdf&lt;/a&gt; shows how suites in both Ridgecrest East and Ridgecrest West are designed. Keep in mind that due to the way the buildings are designed, the floorplan may switch sides (eg kitchen on right side rather than left) depending on what room is chosen. I’ll email housing asking them to change the Ridgecrest West floorplan to the correct one and request that others do the same.</p>

<p>Sadly, I will not be in Tuscaloosa until the 17th, which is earlier than expected as airfare from the West Coast was very expensive. For the third year in a row, I’m first flying to Phoenix, Arizona so I can save $150 in airfare. This year, I also have enough time to visit the Arizona State University campus and have dinner. :)</p>

<p>Thanks again, Sea_Tide. I’m not going to ask why there’s an incorrect floor plan posted for RCW - I’ll just use the RCE floorplan going forward.</p>

<p>FWIW, the Ridgecrest West floorplan appears to be the original design copied from the already-existing honors/super suite dorms or was something that was planned, but later cancelled due to cost or material availability. While they often look very similar, there are subtle differences between each residence hall, notably in the living room furniture.</p>