Happily Surprised!

<p>Ok so yesterday i sadly recieved the "you got waitlisted" letter on myum. However today, i opened my email up and apparently i got offered admittance for spring semester. I'm very excited, but i also need to know if there is anything i can do to get accepted for the fall semester, as missing the first semester of college is a big pain and i do not want to do the UM in DC program. Any advice on what to do? I would love to go fall semester and will try as hard as i can to make that possible.</p>

<p>You should email or call the Office of Admission to show your interest and plans to definitely attend UM if accepted for the fall semester. Colleges always want to increase their admissions yield.</p>

<p>Personalize how going to UM will help you achieve your goals and how you specifically plan to contribute to campus life. (i.e. volunteering related to your goals at UM, greek life/student government/club leadership, and other leadership positions) Connect what you did in high school to how you will work your way into these positions. </p>

<p>Ask about submitting your fall semester senior year grades, outside scholarship awards, or any other changes in your application for further evaluation.</p>

<p>If you remain admitted for the Spring, make sure to take courses at 2 or 4 year colleges that directly transfer to the Gen. Ed. Requirements in the School or College you plan on enrolling.</p>

<p>If you do end up getting waitlisted till Spring, do you know the housing situation?</p>

<p>I think you will have to apply as a transfer student in the fall if you do not do the DC program or enroll immediately.</p>

<p>I doubt that they would let you attend another school then just enroll at UM in the spring.</p>