Happy Mardi Gras to you people

<p>How dreadful it must be to live in a place where there are no parades, no king cakes, and you have to go to work on Fat Tuesday. Sad.</p>

<p>Junior is driving home tonight with a couple of his roommates and is going to show them what it’s all about.</p>

<p>We have Universal Studios. They have Mardi Gras for a straight month! Roll Tide Slippy!</p>

<p>Sure, here in the 808 state we have to work and we don’t get a parade, but we do have malasadas and lots of sunshine ;)</p>

<p>Have a fun Mardi Gras with your son and his friends :)</p>

<p>Thanks, Slippy! It’s rough being us people, but we do have king cakes - just saw one in the supermarket. I hope your son and his friends have a great time.</p>

<p>Thanks, slippy. As Rose suggested, we’re trying to buck up here in Hawaii. :)</p>

<p>You can follow our struggle here: [Hawaii</a> Resorts | See Hawaii Live - Moana Surfrider | Oahu Travel](<a href=“http://www.seehawaiilive.com/oahu/waikiki-resorts]Hawaii”>Loading...)</p>

<p>Ha ha Malani I would take all of the above right now rather than Nemo in the NE
Roll Tide</p>

<p>I’ll be watching our local parade…of snow plows.</p>

<p>Enjoy yourself, Slippy. I’ll be thinking of you, as will your son’s roomate’s dad, while we dig out from the 1-2 feet of snow just starting to fall here. </p>

<p>Best of luck to terrytw, robotbldmom, nybama, upstate13, bamamomfromny, proudmama3, and all our other CC friends headed for a white weekend.</p>

<p>Laissez les bons temps rouler Slippy! My daughter and a group headed out your way yesterday. She is staying with a friend at Tulane while the other girls are in a hotel in the French Quarter. I agree that life would be sad indeed without parades, fake royalty and days off of work just for revelry. Luckily we have all that in San Antonio in April.</p>

<p>*
How dreadful it must be to live in a place where there are no parades, no king cakes, and you have to go to work on Fat Tuesday. Sad.*</p>

<p>there are King cakes at many Alabama bakeries and supermarkets. No Mardi Gras parade, but we did have beads thrown at us at the Bama BCS Championship parade. ;)</p>

<p>What are you giving up for Lent, Slippy? Maybe your animosity towards Bama?</p>

<p>Wel, mc2k, I am laying off of beer and other potent potables, but I will also be attending spin class and body pump for a total of 4 days a week. Gotta get this extra padding off before my 30th HS reunion this summer.</p>

<p>in texas, we have the RODEO … and the AGGIES! WHOOP! :)</p>

<p>My son will be with Slippy 2000. Hey Slip, I hear he is no staying with you. At least you and your wife don’t have to deal with his smelly socks!</p>

<p>My son must be loving the fact that we are in the middle of a blizzard right now.</p>

<p>Hey Chardo and Slippy, since when did we start labeling snowstorms by name?</p>

<p>That’s so great, slippy, your son is bringing his friends home. I hope they have a wonderful time. Make sure they bring lots of beads with them to the balconies at the Quarter. They’ll be sure to get an eyeful!</p>

<p>Bracing for a big one here!! Followed up by freezing rain on Monday! Good Luck to all my Northeastern pals…stay warm, stay inside.</p>

<p>C’mon Slippy, we may not have the biggest Mardi Gras here in Alabama but we do have the oldest. The celebration is a big part of the culture in extreme southern coastal AL. Lots of Krewe dances/balls, parades, kids get out of school, etc. The principle at my children’s elementary school was a Mobile native and every year on Fat Tuesday the school administrators would dress up in masks and have a parade through the school hallways handing out beads and Moon Pies to all the students.</p>

<p>‘You people’?</p>

<p>Slippy, Slippy, Slippy…</p>

<p>Isn’t it time to admit that you are one of us now?</p>

<p>Reauxll Tide!</p>

<p>Terry, I’m disappointed that your offspring has chosen to stay elsewhere. I bet it’s the dogs. They’re annoying and they stink.</p>

<p>Y’all be safe up there. Just saw a story on NBC News about there being a run on liquor in New York. I’ m glad to see you people have your priorities straight.</p>

<p>And btw… I don’t think I could ever be a Bama fan. I am, however, a Slippy Jr. fan and might be persuaded at some point to put a “Bama Dad” magnet on my car for special occasions.</p>

<p>Slippy, I will bedazzle you a “Bama Dad” shirt!</p>

<p>^^^^ She is a most excellent bedazzler of shirts, Slippy. Take her up on that.</p>