Harder to get into BSN programs or NP school?

<p>I'm curious to hear if anyone has any knowledge on the relative difficulty in gaining entrance to an NP program (MSN) vs. a BSN program. From what it seems to me, they are either similar or BSN is generally more selective. Thoughts?</p>

<p>As with BSN Programs competition for entrance into NP Programs increases as one applies to higher “ranked” Programs. Last year our D was accepted into the FNP Programs at Penn and Miami. The success rate for applicants was less than 10%. I’m sure at other NP Programs the acceptance rate is higher. One factor that will make MSNNP more competitive is that many Nursing Grad Programs are phasing out their MSNNP Programs and replacing them with DNP Programs. So down the road in a few years there likely will be fewer and fewer slots available in MSNNP Programs (unless this trend reverses itself). It also appears that an increasing percentage of students entering BSN Programs have career plans to become NP’s (which will also increase competition for the available slots). As with most Grad programs the key factor in acceptance is undergrad GPA, especially in Nursing courses. Hope this info is helpful.</p>