Hart Hall

<p>I might have to live in Hart Hall my freshman year, and I know that dorms that are more expensive aren't necessarily better...but I really like the idea of a Modular dorm. I haven't visited the campus yet, but can anyone tell me about Hart/Walton hall and whether it's an alright place to live?</p>

Ehhh. Not the best place to live. Location wise, it’s perfect. It’s very old however. The rooms are extremely small. It is less than a 5 minute walk to Heldenfels/BSBE, which is a plus if you are a science major. If you are an engineering major, I’d suggest living in Northside.

^That’s for Hart.

Walton has the same room layout. Although, BEWARE. I’ve heard Walton has quite a reputation.

@LLKTS27‌ explain! Haha

Those dorms are very old, so do not expect modern rooms/amenities thus the lower price. Some people love them, others hate them. It is all about your outlook on housing and your effort to create a great living experience. The dorms on campus with the exception of Hullabaloo ( new last year) & the apartments (new this year) are all relatively old (pre-80s) and some of these buildings date back beyond your grandparents era.

The way the pricing works for dorms is a combination of floor space & popularity raises the price of a dorm. The Commons & modulars are in the same category (for example) although modulars are bigger (sq. footage & two extra closets), and you share a bath with 2 people vs. 4 in the Commons. The Commons however has its own dining hall, recreation area, lobby, more nearby parking, general store & mail facility which makes it equally popular with students.

There are also living/learning communities within the dorms which divides up where students end up living. It isn’t a matter of pure popularity pecking order. All that information is listed on the dorm site. https://reslife.tamu.edu

I personally loved Hart, just because I’m generally a lazy person and don’t like walking far.

What AGmomx2 said is true.

Don’t be fooled by the pictures of Hart posted on that website. My room was not what I had expected based off those pictures. The walls are super thin, so you can definitely hear what is going on in the room next door. The bathroom is extremely small as well. I don’t even have a door for the closet haha. The floor is tile. Overall, you get what you paid for.

I’m assuming Walton has the exact same layout as Hart… but they are renovating Walton, so who knows.

Alrighty thanks guys!