Hart of Dixie - Confession

<p>OK so I have to admit that my DD, who will be an incoming freshman next year, and I watch this show every week! We constantly scan for any references to Alabama, and trust me there is a bit of Roll Tide and 'Bama references every week in some way. When we see the “Roll Tide” splashed across one of the cars in the opening credits we just grin.</p>

<p>Being from Chicago the whole premise makes me smile. For those of you who don’t know about this show here is a very quick summary: Zoe Hart is a big city MD from NY and she inherits a practice from her (unknown) dad in deep South Alabama. It is about how she deals with the slower pace, the different culture and is done in a very flattering way. Are there a few stereotypes thrown in…you bet, but it works both ways. Big City Slicker gets taken down a peg, etc. Oh and the main eatery in town is called the Rammer Jammer!! </p>

<p>Ok so that is my guilty pleasure…just thought I’d share on this very cold and windy day in The Windy City.
RTR’</p>

<p>Have to admit, not sure how I found this show but I record it and love it! Makes me miss DS a bit less! Roll Tide from the VERY windy western burbs!</p>

<p>Thanks for sharing! I will have to check out the show.</p>

<p>Very cute show! My daughter and I are obsessed with Lemon’s wardrobe!!</p>

<p>What night, timeslot, and station is this show?</p>

<p>Thanks for the recommendation, it sounds cute
! I searched for it last night on our cable and set it up to record…I think it was Monday nights around 9:00-ish. I am in So Cal and it was on KTLA, but don’t know what that translates to in other parts of the country.</p>

<p>CW</p>

<p>Mondays…9pm/8pm central</p>

<p>*Hart of Dixie is an American medical-drama television series, created by Leila Gerstein. On May 17, 2011, The CW officially picked up the series.[1] It premiered on Monday, September 26, 2011, at 9:00 pm, following Gossip Girl.[2]</p>

<p>On October 12, 2011, The CW ordered a full first season of the series, which will total twenty-two episodes</p>

<p>Fast-talking New Yorker and brand new doctor Zoe Hart has it all figured out—after graduating top of her class from medical school, she’ll follow in her father’s footsteps and become a cardio-thoracic surgeon. But when her dreams fall apart, Zoe decides to accept an offer from a stranger, Dr. Harley Wilkes, to work with him at his small practice in Bluebell, Alabama. Zoe arrives in this small Gulf Coast town only to find that Harley has passed away and left his half of the medical practice to her in his will.</p>

<p>*</p>

<p>Ok, I’m hooked too - although I’m not sure if it’s the many Bama references or the stunning good looks of Dr. Hart!</p>

<p>We’re all now addicted to this show. Thru Tivo and other means, we’ve now seen all episodes but one (the one where Zoe’s friend sleeps with the vet). </p>

<p>For awhile I thought I’d never see the first episode, but as luck would have it, my flight home from Calif aired it (yeah!).</p>

<p>I wish they would re-air the past episodes so others could “catch up.”</p>

<p>We did find some episodes on thru some internet site.</p>

<p>New episodes are starting again soon.</p>

<p>If anyone knows how to see past episodes, please let us know.</p>

<p>The South is hot now. I so like this show better than the new GCB show. New Dallas is back on this summer.</p>

<p>Indict…we love GCB’s too. Not as much as Hart of Dixie, but my family is all in Ft. Worth and some of the references are a bit to close to home. LOL</p>

<p>M2ck did you try hulu +? They have all of the episodes. On the CW site for Hart of Dixie they have 6 full episodes that you can watch…did you see if one of those was the one your were missing?</p>

<p>So sad that there no new episodes until early April! We miss it.</p>

<p>My D and I just watched the finale! Loved it and are so happy it has been renewed for Season 2!</p>

<p>Glad someone revived this thread. Watched the season finale. Wow. Zoe and Wade and now George has decided that he wants Zoe. What is Zoe going to do now? (ha ha that Lemon punched George for calling off the wedding right before it was to start.)</p>

<p>I knew that the storyline would build up to Wade getting some kind of career going (buying a bar), because it wouldn’t be believable for a doc to have a serious relationship with a restaurant employee/bartender. </p>

<p>BTW…I love the Lowe’s commercials that run during the show featuring Annabeth. lol</p>

<p>I hope this year’s season goes on DVD because I never did get to see 1 or 2 episodes (the one where Zoe’s friend hooks up with the Vet and maybe another episode).</p>

<p>I just love love love this show! LOL Lemon is our go to for true Southern style.<br>
George just may be a bit too late to the party…Go Wade!</p>

<p>M2CK I think that if you go to the website for the show you can click and watch back episodes. Zulu has them also.</p>

<p>Ohhh I remember that episode where the friend hooks up w/ the vet…it was a good one and worth watching.</p>

<p>This show reminds me a bit of Friday Night Lights when it first started out. It was such a great show, but was slow in getting people to watch…then it caught on and took off like wildfire. It is still one of my favorites series of all time…but then we are a BIG football family!</p>

<p>So glad to hear that it will be back for Season 2.</p>

<p>Team Wade!!!</p>

<p>^ I agree, but how slutty of Zoe to just make that move and then let George kiss her at the door…</p>

<p>If you have it on TiVo…look again. Zoe is frozen when Geo kisses her. It’s a one-way kiss and Geo realizes it, otherwise he would have expected to be invited in. He probably is thinking that Zoe is being cold because of what happened after NOLA. I kept thinking Wade was going to stroll in wrapped in just a sheet. </p>

<p>I was Team George until he went back to Lemon after she needed to be rescued off that building, now I’m Team Wade all the way. Oh my God…what abs that guy has. lol The guy needs to be shirtless at least in one scene a week. ha ha</p>

<p>I read some blogs and they are hot hot hot for Wade after last night’s episode. He’s stolen the hearts of American women completely. Wow…just wow. </p>

<p>And, don’t you just love the music selections on the show?</p>

<p>I think the whole show has been done so well! I hope they continue to keep it a “sweet southern story” and not trash it up!</p>

<p>Love the music, love the clothes, and love the hokie town events that take place!</p>

<p>LOL I love that we are discussing this!! I had to rewatch the finale w/ my younger one since she was not home when I watched it on Monday. It’s girl time in our house…</p>

<p>She felt the same way as M2CK…Team Wade all the way. George had his chance and Wade without a shirt is oh so cute!</p>

<p>D who is going to UA in the Fall is using Lemon as her guide for recruitment wear. Sort of a “What Would Lemon Wear” thing. :-)</p>

<p>I wish we could get info on the songs that are played…I’d love to buy one of the songs that was played on Monday’s show.</p>

<p>LOVED the play between Wade’s and Lemon’s Dad’s about raising grandkids Auburn vs 'Bama! Can’t wait for next season to start…</p>

<p>For those who’ve never seen the show and are wondering what it’s about, this youtube video features the original preview…</p>

<p>[Hart</a> of Dixie Sneak Peak - COMING THIS FALL! - YouTube](<a href=“- YouTube”>- YouTube)</p>