Harvard Admissions Fall 2022

Thank you for your thoughts

Thank you for your response. Yes, that is one of the options I was thinking about.

1 Like

Thank you. I was a little unsure about posting my question on this thread. I did not want to take away from the other discussions. I appreciate everyone’s thoughts and suggestions.

1 Like

Son received an “urgent request” for an interview to be conducted tomorrow. We thought he’s out of game already. Not sure what this means.

Anyway, for those who are waiting, interviews are still possible.

2 Likes

Where do you live? Are you based in the US or elsewhere?

Northeastern US

Oh I’m from the UK. I hope it’s the same case.

1 Like

I too had the same situation. I waited, was admitted to Harvard class of 2025 and received financial aid. We did not expect any, but Harvards endowment offers financial aid in many cases when least expected. I say you should wait it out! It’s not going to be a free ride, but why not wait and see what the offer is if accepted.

1 Like

Just a quick reminder that Harvard only offers need-based, rather than merit-based, financial aid.

Applicants, however, must be proactive and apply for financial aid, submit all the required documentation, and be found to qualify based on financial need. Otherwise, you are full pay.

I encourage any candidate who feels they need financial assistance to apply for aid. No university is more generous than Harvard to admitted students who demonstrate financial need.

1 Like

I had an interview and the letter said “I am delighted to report that the Admissions Committee has voted to admit you to the Harvard College Class of 2026, and that a formal letter of admission will be sent on March 31, 2022.”

16 Likes

Ivy Day confirmed :slight_smile: And sincere congrats!

2 Likes

Do you all send update to Harvard while waiting for RD? If I continue organizing events for a non-profit, is that worth updating? I also got a few awards in 2022, which are the same as in previous years, are they worth updating?

There’s no harm in doing this anyway.

1 Like

I would recommend taking the full ride at the T10 school. Sending you a message.

I’m an international student and didn’t get an interview. Should I be worried?? There are interviews taken in my country.

Interviews depend on the availability of interviewers in your location.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s for sure you won’t get in. No matter what they say, you are not getting in, one of my friends here got interviewed by one of the admission officers as there were no interviewers available in my area.

1 Like

Which region do you live in?

NPL (International)

That’s harsh. And unwarranted, in my opinion

What is the basis of your statement other than pure conjecture?

3 Likes