waitlisted :grin:

1 Like

Omg, sibling waitlisted!

1 Like

rejected but I got into Brown out of nowhere

8 Likes

Check my name lol

5 Likes

Harvard Crimson reports accepted 3.43% overall, the lowest ever acceptance rate in their history, if it’s any consolation.

2 Likes

this rejection is bussing, respectfully

4 Likes

Waitlisted

1 Like

Waitlisted

1 Like

Does Harvard takes anyone from waitlist
can someone provide some info

Accepted and in shock!

13 Likes

CONGRATS! You deserve it!!

1 Like

They have in the past. This year will be tricky because they have over 300 students accepted last year that chose to take a gap year. Typically that number is between 90 and 120. So they have to have room for all of those students who will be matriculating this fall.

No one knows what will happen this year, but with the carry over from last year’s large number of deferrals, and their tradition of housing everyone together in the limited space freshman housing, I don’t see them going to the wait list much, if at all. They promised that they would accept a full class this year, and according to the Crimson, they did. But their usual yield is about 85%, and they didn’t promise that they would go to the wait list to fill in if they had a lower than expected yield. The usual class size is about 1660. They usually accept about 2000, and take only a few from the wait list. This year, they accepted 1968. Assuming 85% yield, they would have a full class without going to the wait list. Then there are about 350 from the class of 2024 who took a gap year. So they’re already likely to be 20% over-enrolled. There will be 350 beds available in upper year houses, since those 350 who deferred won’t be upperclassmen. But with Harvard’s massive endowment, they can well take the hit for some dorm rooms not being filled, and some tuitions from the empty spots not coming in. Meanwhile, they just don’t have the freshman dorm spots, so they’re going to have to improvise. I just don’t see them taking warm bodies off the wait list. I do think that if they were expecting some particular talent that is desperately needed for an ensemble, or for a particular ability, and that person decides to go elsewhere, that they might look at the waitlist, to fill that need.

1 Like

Congrats! Would you mind sharing stats? (GPA/SAT or ACT/Number of AP’s or IB classes/Extra-Curriculars/Awards?

1 Like

Deferred from REA and then Rejected.

4 Likes

Congratulations! You submitted a vocal music supplement, correct? Now you’ve got a really tough decision to make, among some excellent options.

1 Like

Yes I did submit a music supplement!

1 Like