Harvard Class of 2027 Official Thread

yes because slate doesn’t update the same time for everyschool. ive been on complete for some schools i got decisions for ED and RD a while ago

1 Like

Has anyone got notification yet? If so, start sharing stats!

1 Like

Waitlisted at Cornell and brown, rejected at rest of ivies. 1550 SAT, valadictorian(1/510), 4.65 W GPA, 14 APs, 6 DEs, rest honors. 2 sports(1 V and club, 1 Club(top 10 in state)). Board of stem tutoring volunteer org, top 10 at DECA nationals, paid job teaching coding, etc.

3 Likes

Where did you get accepted? You sound like a really talented person!

1 Like

UT Austin, UVA, Georgetown, UW, wake forest and lehigh. I’ll prob go to UT unless Stanford comes my way but they hate my school

1 Like

Are you in Austin?

1 Like

No, I’m from NJ

1 Like

Everyone sorta believes decisions are more or less a cr**-shoot so congrats on the waitlists!

2 Likes

My son goes to Harvard. Wishes he’d picked UT! It’s a great school, warm place, warm people, excellent Engineering and CS!

5 Likes

:+1:t3: :+1:t3::+1:t3:

5 Likes

My son got in! International/Turkey. Congrats to everyone; I am sure you’ll all do fantastic things in your lives regardless of whether you are admitted!

7 Likes

why does Stanford hate your school? What school is that?

2 Likes

They prob mean that Stanford accepts few from the district. Stanford tends to accept less from E Coast and Harvard less from West.

1 Like

Dtr got rejected after being deferred. Congrats to everyone who got it.

1 Like

By the way, he had an interview. I wanted to mention this since this has become a debated topic in the forums (whether interviews are important for international applicants).

2 Likes

Idk, they accepted 1 kid in the past 10 years and he was a double legacy who got into every ivy. It’s Montclair HS

2 Likes

There are plenty of schools where no one gets accepted. They only let in 1900 people a year and there are over 20,000 high schools in the country. Consider that they have some feeder schools where they accept 4-5 and that means there would be zero from many schools. There are a few kids in my son’s class who were the first students ever from their high schools to be accepted there. So one a year doesn’t sound so bad!

2 Likes

Waitlisted but committed to yale!!

8 Likes

Son just got accepted RD.
Did not submit scores
No legacy
Weighted GPA 5.016 (school works on a 5.2 scale)
Unweighted GPA 3.9 and some change
2 ECs, one standard and one strong
Also accepted to Stanford REA, Yale, USC, and NYU

13 Likes

Accepted. International student

7 Likes