Harvard Class of 2027 Official Thread

waitlist!

1 Like

Congrats on all the great choices! When I had a decision to make between Harvard and Stanford (back in the Middle Ages :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:), I was so undecided for the longest time, right up until I had to mail back the card. I just knew one day finally when I had a feeling about it and burst into tears talking to my teacher who had gone to Stanford because I had decided in my heart that I was going to Harvard. So maybe that happens one way or another for your son. Admitted students days should help. I don’t even know if we had that back then. Then if he wants to, he can do what I did and pick the other one for grad school! :+1:t3:

Congrats to all of you new admits. My son never got off the waitlist 2 years ago, and he is happily thriving at UCLA and can’t imagine anything different or better. So to those of you on the waitlist, my advice is to love the schools that love you back. You will bloom wherever you plant yourself!

3 Likes

wow. that’s impressive. my daughter is a “normal” and got waitlisted so I told her she was in an impressive group. they had to love a lot about her essays and interview then. i think it’s H’s loss bc she’s a cool, kind and mature person you’d want on any campus.

If you applied REA to Yale because it was your favorite, has anything changed?

I imagine cost will be similar.

Hello, everyone! I hope everyone has been receiving good news over the past few weeks. Congratulations to all.

I was accepted to all the Ivies, Duke, and a few other T20s. I am stuck between Harvard, Yale, and Princeton. Please help me decide which one to pick! And if you have a convincing argument for one of the other schools I got into, please please share!!!

I am going to be studying some combination of Econ/CS/Applied Math. Also, I am very serious about music and plan to play in the orchestra at whichever school I attend in the fall.

Thanks for any and all input. Congrats to all!!!

Hi! We should DM and meet up! Harvard’s is April 23-24 I believe.

3 Likes

Let’s DM and meet up!

1 Like

Not sure where you’re going with this
you posted this a half hour before Duke RD decisions even came out, and if you got in ED, you wouldn’t be asking this question. Not trying to be rude, I just find your statement somewhat difficult to believe given the selectivity of the schools you mentioned and the timing of your comment.

3 Likes

I was sent a likely letter to Duke two weeks ago. I was accepted officially tonight.

4 Likes

AgreeđŸ€Ș

2 Likes

You may want to start a new thread in the Help Me Decide forum Topics tagged help-me-decide

As you can imagine, it is very active right now and you should be able to get more input.

Edited: Never mind, I see you have already done that. Good luck!

WOW! Congrats!

My daughter is class of 2025 at Harvard and had the same hard choice between Harvard or Yale. It’s such a personal preference. Best of luck with the decision!

2 Likes

Is she happy at Harvard? They say that the living conditions at Harvard for the freshman are very poor, and the food is awful. Do you agree?

That’s not true at all.

4 Likes

Hello! Did you travel to the admitted student day? I can’t decide whether to go with my son or not.

1 Like

Really depends on your major and personality. All three are the same level- including MIT and Princeton.

2 Likes

You should definitely go.

1 Like

Is there a waitlist thread?

Does Visitas have things for parents to do?