Harvard University Waitlist Class of 2027

they will release most waitlist decisions by mid-week

Any chance it’s today?

No.

1 Like

How come?

1 Like

Any sense of how H Admissions typically reaches out? Email to student? Direct phone call?

Email, generally

Does anyone know if you can defer for a year if offered a position off of the waitlist?

1 Like

You can certainly ask.

Hi, as I know, the ability to defer if you’re offered a spot off the waitlist can vary. You should reach out directly to the admissions office and ask about their deferral options. But yep, some schools allow deferrals for a year, while others handle it case by case or might not have a formal policy :))

Guess I’m getting a bit ahead of myself, but thanks for your reply. I have heard some school have strict policy that waitlist admits can’t defer, but I haven’t seen anything (yet) that indicates Harvard has that.

1 Like

when will decisions come out? I read last year it was around at this time.

I think quite a few will come out this week. Maybe a couple more later in May or June.

Do people that will be admitted from the waitlist get contacted by admissions first, or does it just show up through a portal update?

Admissions said last week that it would all come through the portal with an email telling you there had been an update.

1 Like

Will they email also rejection updates? Or do waitlists not work like that?

They will email that the class is full and the waitlist is closed

1 Like

Some guy on reddit says he got in off the waitlist today

He said he got a phone call.

Same thing no?

Don’t know how it works - if it is true start with a call first - if he was telling true, then our chance are slim.