Harvey Mudd ED1 Class of 2025

My DS has applied ED to HMC. Less than 2 weeks to decision time. So, thought I’ll start a thread (since I didn’t see one already)

ED 1 decisions are coming on Dec 11th at 6 PM PST

Hi. How do you know? I hope you’re right!

Got email from HMC on Wednesday. Not a Rumor. As confirmed as it gets.

Thanks! That sounds confirmed.

Hi, have your kids got accepted? My son will apply for RD. He just received SAT score. He didn’t think the test would be available, and he did not study. His test has been cancelled since April. He received 1470. Do you think we should even bother sending the score?

Yes. My DS got accepted in ED and he will be going there next Fall. I really think HMC looked at apps holistically and I don’t think not sending a score in will hurt. I think the essays (fit and why HMC?) and schoolwork matter more than SAT. Especially, this year. But, that’s just my feeling.

Congrats!! I am so happy for you!! We originally thought about applying for ED, but Thrya Briggs said in the zoom session that the acceptance chance between ED and RD are not much different. So we decided to change to RD.

I heard that too. But, this was his first choice and I also read that they fill a third of the class ED. I didn’t know if it was ED 1 and ED 2 combined. So, we thought that he might as well get it done with and relax the rest of the year.