Harvey Mudd Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Applying to Harvey Mudd in 2022? Decisions are expected before April 1st. Last year decisions were released on March 18th at 9:00 pm PST.

This is the spot to connect with other applicants to share stats, news and admissions updates or results.

4 Likes

HMC’s website now lists 3/17 at 6pm PST as their release date. Just fyi

3 Likes

Where did you find this on their website? The page I found still says April 1.

https://www.hmc.edu/admission/2022/03/11/regular-decision-release-3/

3 Likes

Thank you!

It was just updated

Best of luck to all!!! HMC was one of the first LACs that my D22 fell in love with. She’s a STEM kid and loves so many of the things Mudd has to offer

3 Likes

My D22 too! I’ve been secretly rooting for Mudd over her other super selective school applications so if it doesn’t come through, I’ll probably be the one needing consoling. :joy:

Good luck to all the kids today! If you’ve applied to Mudd, you’ve clearly already accomplished a lot and are going to do amazing things! :+1:

1 Like

It’s a great school!! We’re in FL, so the travel time isn’t great, but definitely worth it.

2 Likes

Our Mudd visit was great. Definitely a fit school - you either love it or don’t care for it much. Fully expecting a denial for my son given the sub 5% admit rates.

1 Like

Yes, we visited when the campus was empty over summer and she still loved it. :heart_eyes:

<5%?! Omg didn’t realize it was that low now. Well, we were already bracing ourselves for the onslaught of rejections from these schools. Wish their decisions came out on pi day so we could’ve consoled ourselves with pie along with the MIT results. :laughing:

Okay I’m going to stop posting here now. I always stress out seeing a bunch of posts on a thread on decision day only to see they aren’t admissions results. I will try to limit myself to emojis and “like” buttons here for the rest of the day! :wink:

Good luck to all!

1 Like

From the CDS, admit rate was around 15% for female applicants and around 7% for male applicants. And I think these are overstated because it also includes ED which is likely a much higher rate. RD admit rates should be much lower.

1 Like

In the upload materials section of the portal do you guys also see covid 19 vaccination proof?

Good luck to her @chrisntine. Mudd came out as one of the top 5 colleges my D wanted to be at. She loved their FAST program. I’m sure yours will enjoy it there.

1 Like

omg me too :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Good luck, everyone! Those numbers certainly aren’t making me feel optimistic.

HMC is very high on my S22’s list. We haven’t been able to visit - we will if he is miraculously admitted - but he attended the FAST program last fall and it seems like an ideal fit for him.

2 Likes

Excellent school. We know one of my daughter’s friend got admitted last year with PSP. She loves it.

2 Likes

That is the dream right there!

2 Likes

Agreed. PSP @ Mudd can’t be beat. And I really like the multi-disciplinary core.

3 Likes

As expected, 1st rejection of the cycle for my S22. Wasn’t expecting anything else. Sad nevertheless :frowning: