Has anyone been awarded an out of state waiver this year?

Wow, that is very late. Students will have all information about where they are accepted and what financial aide they are getting from every other school they applied to, except for TAMU. And, decision day is May 1st. They are making it very difficult.

@ColoFatherOf3 I’d love to hear if someone calls and finds out something different. I know they told @CoMamaof2boys it would be end of the month, which is today, and I wish that were the case. Then again, if the chances are somehow increased by waiting, we will be glad to wait. Such a roller coaster.

Checking on my out of state friends… has anyone gotten the waiver yet? Still pulling for your kids!

@kaydeeloo That is so sweet of you to check in! I feel like I have been making this statement over and over again for two months, but this time, I feel like it is absolutely true. We only have about another week at the most to find out the departmental scholarships from engineering. From what we understand, they made their decisions last week, and they will be releasing the offers by the end of this coming week. It’s getting down to the wire, so I’m pretty sure this is finally accurate information. LOL!

Last Tuesday, several of us from out of state received emails telling us to check our portals, but nothing had changed. We got different answers by calling different departments, but hopefully we should all hear something soon. Thanks again!!!

@rvhappynow I’m sure you’re checking the financial aid portal several times a day… but I never got any email or letters. Just updated on the portal.

I’ve also wondered if the awarded scholarships would upgrade as some kids may choose other schools?! After may 1, they’d know for sure…

@gogogogobruins You are so right that I check the portal on a regular basis. On the weekends, not so much. But you just never know. Ha! I spoke to a young man in the engineering department yesterday who said that as some students decline the offers, the money gets freed up. However, I have heard so many different responses for so many different things that I never really know for sure. You would think that would be the case, but then again, maybe they reserve some of that money for continuing students. At this point, it is all speculation, but at least we know that they should give us some answers this coming week. I am keeping my fingers crossed for everyone waiting!

@rvhappynow I got a letter on Tuesday also, but nothing on my son’s portal has changed. We are in state of course, but I was excited to get the letter because I thought maybe he received a Corps scholarship. Nope.

@kaydeeloo I say to hang in there! After this coming weekend, I will quit saying that. Haha! I think kids are going to have to start making decisions about where they are going to go after this week, but hang in there for now! Good luck to you as well! It helps pass the time as we root each other on!

@kaydeeloo as you probably already know, the Corps scholarship will keep coming through summer, so don’t give up! and they will keep upgrading too. We still need $19000 to meet the COA, but no way A&M would give out that much more, so we are looking for and applying like crazy to outside scholarships. :slight_smile:

@rvhappynow as you check your portal, I check this page for your update! I might be more anxious for you than I was for my own child! LOL!

Aw! That is so very sweet of you! I was getting ready to make another quick update, because I asked Engineering if we would still hear by the end of this week, and they said they met yesterday to get everything approved and should start to send out offers between today and next week. They have a half day tomorrow! It’s so close! I don’t know what I would have done without this community of people who understand what each other is dealing with and waiting for! It’s nice to know others are rooting for us, thinking about us, and praying for us, and I think we all feel that way. Such a blessing!

Wow, I can’t believe it might drag into next week. We are so ready to just make a decision at this point.

Wow. How many times a day do you all check the financial aid portal… I am sort of ashamed to admit my number. If they have any kind of counter on their website they would know how interested we are in TAMU. Anxiety is at an all time high! My son’s graduation is in 5 weeks.

@CoMamaof2boys Same here. Graduation is mid May for us. I don’t think I want to admit how many times I check. Haha! It’s probably unhealthy, but I have a little dance I do between checking CC to see if anything happens and then to the portal. Back and forth all day. At least my job involves a computer, so I can leave the tabs open. But yes. It’s a lot. :slight_smile: