Has anyone been to the SSTP IOWA/Florida? How many OOS students do they accept?

I am interested in the research oriented summer program. But I am not sure how difficulty it is to be accepted by these two programs.

Hi there!

I’m an Iowa SSTP alum from summer 2022 and I would definitely encourage you to apply! I applied as a sophomore with no prior research experience and was able to get off of the waitlist.

Awesome! How is your experience with the summer program? Is it hard to get in? I don’t have any research experiences. Which area do you work on?

How is your experience with the summer program?
I thought the program was super fun mainly because of my peers from the program and the drama that happened during the program lol. In terms of the research quality, it really depends on the lab you got matched with.
Is it hard to get in? I don’t have any research experiences.
sorry I can’t really answer that question since there are probably many factors that are being considered.
Which area do you work on?
Neuro

I applied for CS. I guess the program is very competitive.

Hey I saw that you went to SSTP last year and I am a current sophomore who applied this year in neuroscience. I am wondering what project you worked on in neuroscience at SSTP? Also, after SSTP was done, did your experience allow you to start another project in neuroscience and if so what was it? I am mainly wondering if SSTP prepares you for future research in neuroscience. Thanks!!!