Has anyone heard about honors?

<p>The website says "Incoming first-year students admitted to the University's College of Letters and Science prior to January 1 who meet the above criteria receive invitations and applications to apply to the program beginning in mid-January. "
I was admitted before January 1st and meet the criteria but I haven't heard anything from the honors program. Should I be be worried or are they just slow?</p>

<p>And is the honors programs good? what is it? is everyone in there stuck up?</p>

<p>Definitely worthwhile. CHECK THE WEBSITE and sign up for their weekly e-mail for a sneak preview of the opportunities available. You have to do a separate application with an essay, due in spring, not everyone eligible applies or gets in, but you can enter/leave just about any semester. It's an Honors PROGRAM, not college; therefore you will be part of the regular campus. Advantages include Honors advisors, Honors courses and some activities you don't need to do unless you want to. You can take some tougher courses, get smaller classes and more professor contact early on in many cases; other courses give Honors credit for doing a paper or such. The grand finale is doing the research for and writing the Senior Honors Thesis. The program, like everything else on campus, has changed for the better since my day eons ago. Son has some excellent math/science classes now. The main reason to be part of the Honors program is to get more out of the academics. You're still in the same dorms, take many of the same classe, etc. with the rest of the students. Some might suggest certain dorms as being for Honors students but there is no reason to pick a dorm based on that, choose the dorm location and characteristics you want. The courses you pick will depend on your major, science being very different than liberal arts. Unless you go around announcing you're in honors no one will know, or care, you do it for you. If you want to apply and didn't receive an invitation call and ask them about it.</p>

<p>If I go to mad town I will be in the school of engineering. I do not believe they invite you to engineering honors, will someone correct me on this? Also, does anyone know if engineering honors in liberal arts harder to get in than just honors in CLS?</p>

<p>No honors in Engineering.</p>

<p>My son got an application for the honors program today; he was accepted at the end of Oct.</p>

<p>You should call to make sure they have all your info. We somewhat accidentally found out that the admissions dept misplaced my son's SAT scores from his second test date. Those were his better scores, although he was accepted with the lower ones from his first test date. When I spoke to an admissions officer, he told us that those second scores qualified him for the honors college. Shortly thereafter in early December, he received something in the mail about honors. The official invitation to apply came about 2 weeks ago.</p>

<p>I got a letter from them yesterday inviting me to be in their honors program and I applied before Jan 1, but I can't remember if I sent my scores before then or not.</p>