Has anyone heard from schools yet?

<p>Congrats to cakeisgreat and your D! </p>

<p>Collegetiger: I have no idea when the UMass decision will finally come. Last week they sent applicants that email message about decisions, but I haven’t heard of tons of admits. Several of D’s friends have been admitted into Comm Col with science majors, but I haven’t heard about any nursing acceptances. Most local MA kids are still waiting impatiently. I hope that a decision will be made before Christmas. Best of luck to all who hope to be Minutemen!</p>

<p>In regards to DeSales, as of last year, much of their aid was given out on a Scholarship Day. You had to be in attendance on that day for a couple hours. You might want to try to find out the date, so you can reserve it. Last year, it was on a Saturday. Of the 20 colleges that my kids considered, that was the only college that did it that way.</p>

<p>Quote of the day. </p>

<p>Last week, a group of female nurses came to my church to volunteer for the food bank. One of the older guys tried to have other guys carry the boxes of food into the church. One of the nurses said “Hey, If we can move bodies, we can carry food.”</p>

<p>Another nurse also created an uproar when she started to read the nutritional labels out loud of the government food we were handing out. “I can’t believe there is that much sodium!”</p>

<p>LOL charlieschm…great quotes! </p>

<p>Desales scholarship day is Feb 1 and on our calendar! maybe well see a few cc folks there!</p>

<p>Silly me! I forgot to add accepted to Messiah also. Great School!</p>

<p>My D heard back today and this past week from a few more colleges. As it stands now :</p>

<p>Belmont (accepted)
Creighton (accepted)
Drexel (accepted)
Gonzaga (accepted)
Marquette (decisions come out late Jan)
Northeastern (deferred -grrrrrrr)
U Portland (accepted)
U San Francisco (accepted)
Seattle U (accepted)
U Virginia (decisions come out late Jan; low chance being OOS)
Xavier (accepted)</p>

<p>Hoping ROTC decision comes through next month!</p>

<p>My son got his acceptance to the business school at Northeastern last week with a $17,000 merit scholarship. He was also accepted to the University of Pittsburgh business school (Pitt campus) and Pace University ($27,000 merit scholarship). We are still waiting to hear if he will get merit from Pitt. We are also awaiting early action from Bentley and Binghamton. Has anyone heard from either of those? I have heard that in year’s past, Binghamton has notified before Christmas. </p>

<p>For comparison, his stats were SAT:2070 (M:750, CR:680, W:620) Weighted average 93, Most aggressive academic track - all AP and Honors classes including College Science Research, 300 community service hours including coaching pop warner football, HS Football (3 years) Team Captain and MVP. He is white/hispanic. Good luck everyone!</p>

<p>I was told yesterday that UMASS released some nursing decisions…I know Salve Regina (yesterday) and Westfield State (5 days ago) released.</p>

<p>My daughter has the wonderful problem of being accepted to too many nursing programs! She applied to a lot since it is hard to be accepted, and some were free applications or “just in case” ones. Now, where to go? Top choices right now are Umass Amherst, Umass Lowell (dean’s scholarship and co-op scholar) St. Anselm ($14k and honors program) and Worcester State (honors program). We are in state. Any one have any thoughts on Amherst vs Lowell? Private vs. public? She’s a little overwhelmed!</p>

<p>Can you confirm if UMASS Amherst released Nursing. I was told yes by the college but couldn’t verify…Also sent you a pm MTLAKES.</p>

<p>Yes, accepted to Umass Amherst for nursing. Actually received it maybe over a week ago? Collegetiger, her stats were similar to yours from a previous post (your SAT’s a bit better) and accepted to same schools. Didn’t apply to northeastern thought she was not competitive but second guessing now. Seems most got deferred with similar stats though. Do you have any knowledge of Umass Lowell or Worcester? Worcester has great Nclex pass rates and I really liked the nursing labs there. But, Amherst is the flagship. Gonna be so hart to choose!</p>

<p>In our situation I wouldn’t use NCEX rates as a number one factor. I didnt see a school that had any alarming rates…I know its important. I think any school above 85 percent is good but look at the history of the scores. Plus then you need to look at how many students are in the program. I have noticed that some colleges are holding certificates until the student is ready to take the test or telling them not to take it if they think they are going to fail. I think a Kaplan refresher course two weeks before is a must. </p>

<p>The nursing lab at Worcester state was not like UMASS Amherst. Amherst is state of the art. </p>

<p>Nursing labs are important but I think college fit, clinical locations, job placement support, your finances, and getting to and from clinicals (parking etc) are the most important for us.</p>

<p>UMASS Amherst did tell us that some students go to Boston stay in hotels for the clinicals. This can be great for the family that wants Boston clinical experience but bad for the family that cant afford the hotel and transportation costs.</p>

<p>I don’t know anything about lowell accept from other prospective students. A lot of new buildings, dorms. We didn’t choose it because it was not in our area for clinical areas…Some students said that they didnt like the size of Umass Amherst so they picked lowell.</p>

<p>Good points. Did you get your Amherst info from the nursing department? They can say they have clinicals here and there, but how do you know where the bulk of them are? And they can tell you anything they want but how do you know how much support with job placement you actually get? (i might be doubling my info with my pm to you)</p>

<p>Yes info was from the nursing dept.</p>

<p>I think the bulk are at cooley and baystate…I heard this info from student. one was a teaching hospital and the other i think was a very busy trauma center…both were close to amherst. </p>

<p>Doubling not a problem…Its great to hear from other parents.</p>

<p>I haven’t heard from umass yet and I’m freaking out. It’s one of my top choices…I got into Saint Anselm, which was my other top choice, with money (60 K over four years) and deferred from Northeastern. Hoping for UMASS!</p>

<p>Congrats to your D mtlakes! UMass is dragging out this process. I had not heard of Nursing admits until your post. My daughter is really frustrated by the wait! Hopefully those who are waiting for UMass will get the big envelopes this week!</p>

<p>Dessie, St. A’s has a good reputation. My friend’s D graduated from Nursing and was employed within 4 months. </p>

<p>My D has heard from Simmons, MCPHS, UMass Dartmouth, Regis, UNH, Colby Sawyer (admits) and a deferral from Northeastern. </p>

<p>Still waiting on UMass, URI, Quinnipiac (all documents were in and set by early November. Late last week, her portal began showing a missing transcript) and UNE Biddeford.</p>

<p>tiggrs, that’s good to hear! I’ve seen it, I love the campus; I’m hoping to get up there again one more time before I make a decision. Of course, that’s the only acceptance I have in hand, so it may be a pretty easy decision.</p>

<p>JUST GOT INTO UMASS AMHERST! I have never been more excited!</p>

<p>Big congratulations to dessie!!!</p>

<p>Ds portal at quinnipiac said decision made on Christmas so have been eagerly checking the mailbox every day. Hope it’s an acceptance!</p>

<p>Congratulations dessie!!! That is awesome! That is news that is worth the wait!!! </p>

<p>Cake, here’s hoping that Quinnipiac sends the good news before the new year!</p>