Has anyone received a financial aid package?

Hello,

I heard that financial aid was supposed to be mailed during the 3rd week of January. I haven’t received anything but I would assume that I would get at least something as my EFC should be low. I’m not sure if this makes a difference but I received the CB Recognition award for being a National Hispanic Scholar, totaling $14,000.

The Financial Aid tab on the Howdy Portal was just now updated with 2017-2018 Scholarship and Financial Aid decisions!! Good luck to all!!

So glad you posted that, houstonmama! I had my son check his portal and he has been awarded a $12,000 PES and a $1000 (1 year) Opportunity scholarship. His stats are:
GPA= 4.0
class rank= 3/450
SAT= 1440 (new version)
ACT= 33
Other= Eagle Scout, National Merit Commended

We kinda hoped for more - his older sister is a NMF and she got tons from A&M - but I suspect this is pretty decent for a non-NMF.

I should have added - we are only expecting merit-based awards, nothing based on financial need.

I was awarded only loans and am curious as to why, a student loan for 4000 and a PLUS loan for 22k. I was expecting a merit award of some kind based off of my stats, 3.82 GPA at submission (3.76 in 7th semester), ranked 77 out of 591, ACT of 27, SAT of 1290, Eagle Scout, plenty of service hours. Is my app less than I thought? Is there any chance of me getting a merit scholarship at this point after the loans have been revealed?

We’re OOS and $250 shy of the waiver for in state tuition. So grateful for the Opportunity Award ($1250) and Lechner Award ($2500), but we’ll be praying for a departmental scholarship, to hit the $4000 mark for the OOS waiver. We can’t afford A&M without it. Congratulations to all who got awards, and those of you who are seeing only loan opportunities in your portal, I wish you the best, and hope that more awards are on the way. This is so hard, but in the big picture, we are all so blessed to either have such high achieving kids or be those kids. We are all in this together. ACT 35, GPA/UW 3.8 5/82 rank, well rounded EC’s.

Son received a PES and Opportunity Award totaling $10000 per year for 4 years. 34 ACT, 1510 SAT, Rank 1/650, UW GPA 4.0. We really did not expect to receive as much as we did. All purely merit aid as we would not qualify for any need-based financial aid.