Has anyone received Aggie assurance?

<p>Haven't heard of anyone actually getting it. Also, does the federal pell grant count as part of it?</p>

<p>As far as I know, if the school sees you have money to pay the tuition (Pell grant) they don’t give you the extra Aggie Assurance help</p>

<p>Wow. :[
So I wonder what’s the point of the Regent’s Scholars Program if tuition will be paid anyway?</p>

<p>Yeah that’s disappointing if true. Would still like to hear from someone that has received grants from the program though.</p>

<p>Well… what do you mean by that, DumbArse? (Just saying your username, by the way) Regents is different from Aggie Assurance. Regents can pay for other things too.</p>

<p>And you’re right Leelemon, it’s better to double check</p>

<p>Let me set the record straight…Aggie Assurance was thrown out the window when the Texas Legislature finally met and passed a budget last year. Which would ultimately delay and limit funds. </p>

<p>Not to say many kids don’t receive sufficient financial aid, but it is not because of Aggie Assurance.</p>

<p>I just checked the website page, and it said “grants and SCHOLARSHIPS to meet the tuition costs.” These grants and scholarships would include the Regents’ Scholarship too I’m assuming.</p>

<p>Although that money could be used to anything, it would probably be used for tuition first.</p>