Has anyone tried double majoring?

Hello, I am transferring to Texas A&M from a community college this fall for my third year. I am currently a physics major and lately I’ve been thinking about either switching from physics to computer engineering (computer science track) or double major. I really like both, but I’ve also been thinking about my career options after graduation since I’m not sure if I would like to attend grad school for physics. I was wondering if anyone is currently or has already double majored in physics and engineering? If so, how was your experience studying these two?

Since no one has answered you… most students here go for minors vs. double major. Ask physics advisor if it is even possible to double major, you might just discover it isn’t a viable option due to restrictions in Engineering (IDK). I know several that do the reverse, engineering major with minor in physics or math. Worth a call or email to your advisor to find out your options or possible pathways.

My son recently graduated from A&M with an Applied Math degree and CS minor. He landed an outstanding computer science job with a financial firm. You don’t need a CS major to get a CS job. Just solid skills. My son had three summer internships and he did a lot of work on the KNAM radio station website.

Take some CS classes and learn web design and database skills, either at A&M or on your own and you’ll be employable no matter what the major.