Has Family Weekend been determined?

<p>Just wondering…</p>

<p>Not yet. I’ve got the page bookmarked, check it regularly. :)</p>

<p><a href=“Family Weekend - Parent & Family Programs”>Family Weekend - Parent & Family Programs;

<p>If I were a betting person, I would guess it’s the Southern Miss game. I’m guessing that it won’t be the FAU game because that’s the first game at B-D, so will already be popular.</p>

<p>Oh I hope it is the weekend of September 13th! I have decently priced reservations at the Microtel for that weekend. :)</p>

<p>Which date is the southern miss game?</p>

<p>September 12-14</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/alab-m-footbl-sched.html”>http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/alab-m-footbl-sched.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Carcode, you aren’t camping on the dorm floor? </p>

<p>NC Mom, I WAS looking at inflatable beds last weekend! lol :slight_smile: I made all my reservations while she was still considering living in Tut. Now that they (hopefully!) will be in a suite, staying in the room may be an option. Especially when hotel rates are sky high!</p>

<p>Keep in mind that even if your child has a private room in a supersuite, the available floor space in the bedroom is tiny. Not enough to accommodate two parents. Hardly enough room to accommodate one parent on the floor. The bedrooms are not like bedrooms at home. They are small. Once you have the bed, desk, dresser and chair in there, the left-over floorspace is tiny. I would describe the private rooms like large walk-in closets…just enough room for the furniture, a chair, and some narrow walking space.</p>

<p>I wish we could upload small pics here, but imagine furniture laid out in a L pattern with the “open part of the L” being the only available floor space. </p>

<p><a href=“http://housing.ua.edu/halls/ridgecrestsouth/floorplans/RCS-Four_Bedroom.pdf”>http://housing.ua.edu/halls/ridgecrestsouth/floorplans/RCS-Four_Bedroom.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>In the above pic, the floorspace is slightly exagerated, but you can see that there isn’t room for two on the floor.</p>

<p>Seriously, I wouldn’t even attempt to stay in the suite unless A) There are no other options, B) Suitemates are away, or C) My daughter is sick and needs me near. </p>

<p>I’m just not a ‘roughing it’ kind of gal. :smiley: </p>

<p>lol…</p>

<p>I just wanted to make sure that others realized how small the private rooms are. It would be easy to assume that the rooms are similar to home bedrooms where it would be rather easy to throw down a blow-up bed or two in a room that only had a twin bed.</p>

<p>I wouldn’t want parents to think that they can “fit” in there and then find out on Move In Day how small the rooms are and then realize that they don’t have time now to find lodging for Family Weekend or some other time. </p>

<p>Lol! I am not sure I could find the floor in DD’s room! I don’t really plan to stay there either! But it is nice that it is an option in a worst case scenario. At DS’s school, it wasn’t even an option!</p>

<p>^^</p>

<p>I know what you mean. When S1 had his room, his desk was to the left, his bed was against the wall opposite the door, his closet was to the right, and there was “standing room only” in the center. And, that was with his dresser shoved under the bed!</p>

<p>LOL!!! I am not a “roughing it” kind of person either. </p>

<p>D was in a super suite this past summer. The floor space for 2 to just “hang out” was “tight”. Not to mention the extra body heat! Remember, tower fans take up space as well and are a much needed item. </p>

<p>I have heard of those that are in dorms that have the beds that loft high putting a futon under the bed. That is an option if the bed does loft pretty high. Just remember, do not attempt to sit up if you are bunking it under the lofted bed. It is not a true “bunk bed” space. BUT, remember, if you do this you just took up very valuable storage space. Even those in the super suites use that space underneath for the plastic storage drawers, luggage, their own private mini fridge, etc. </p>

<p>“D was in a super suite this past summer. The floor space for 2 to just “hang out” was “tight”. Not to mention the extra body heat! Remember, tower fans take up space as well and are a much needed item.”</p>

<p>I think that’s one reason why so many WANT to move off-campus after frosh year. They want their own rooms with space for guests to either hang-out or spend the night.</p>