Has it ever been possible to apply with out official transcripts and counselor's help?

Hi everyone!
My case is:

Our school counselor is selective of whom to help when it comes to college application and he is the only one who can grant the official transcripts. In addition to refusing to write me a recommendation, he’s literally refusing to give me access to my official transcripts. [Lol, he said that that no outsider counselor should access my official transcripts to help me, as a school, they should know what I’m engaged in]

I mean, the transcripts are mine, right? buh I don’t understand! Is there any other alternative you can employ if you’re in my shoe?..Like a tactic to use to still… rescue the situation without official transcripts?

Are you American or international? in the US when transcripts are withheld it is usually for a reason such as disciplinary problems. It is never at the discretion of a single person.

1 Like

I’m an international. [He actually says that he refuses to hand out one’s official transcript because the school doesn’t wanna us to engage with the outside counselors!] I mean,If he’s not helping can’t someone dive for his\her own way to do that without his assistance?!]

1 Like

So…how DO students from your school apply for college…if the school counselor doesn’t lend a hand? Find out. Or can they deny you the ability to even apply?

If you are asking about applying to colleges in the U.S….you absolutely WILL need a transcript sent from your school, and where required, completion of the counselor recommendation. Without these, your application will be deemed incomplete and won’t be reviewed by most colleges.

You could attend an open enrollment community college but I’m not sure you could complete a degree program there.

How do students attend college in your home country from your school?

@MYOS1634 any thoughts?

Poster is welcome to use their original CC account to post their question.