Have I essentially “disqualified” myself from T25/Ivy League schools?

I’ve probably discussed this in the past, but I’m a student from WV who’s hoping to bring up my standardized test scores and hopefully have a shot at attending a selective school.

There’s just one problem; I have no course rigor. None. No honors, no IB, no AP courses until my senior year, nothing. I have a 4.0, granted, but it doesn’t really mean anything. I go to a non competitive high school where practically no one takes SAT 2s and the majority of college bound students go to either WVU or West Liberty (let’s put it this way - the smart people here go to WVU.) No one bothered to tell me how huge a deal course rigor was; I had to learn so myself when I was scouting out for senior year.

I’ve turned my course rigor around as much as I can, from 2nd semester of junior year on. I took 2 sciences and precalculus this semester, as well as exclusively taking academic electives. I even dropped band, one of my favorite activities, to take more rigorous coursework. I’m taking 3 AP classes next year, as well as 2 sciences (on top of AP Physics 1). But, even if I bring my ACT/SAT up - it sits at a 1330 at the moment - I’m afraid it might be too little, too late.

Well, what do you guys think? Have I essentially disqualified myself from selective schools?

You will be assessed in context of your school. If your school didn’t offer many APs/Honors, that wont be held against you. Your school report will go with your transcript.

Take the SAT subject tests this summer and study to bring up your standardized test scores.

Little problem; my school offers 9 AP classes, so I don’t receive a break there. Only honors english, though. I didn’t take it.

You want honesty? You aren’t getting into any Ivies with a 1330 unless you can throw a football 40 yards or your father is the President (or former president). Even if you had taken all 9 APs offered, it would still be a long shot.

Good news - there are hundreds of other really good schools where you’ll do just fine. I’m sorry to hear you dropped band because if you enjoy it you should participate.

No reason not to put an application in, particularly if you’re eligible for fee waivers or otherwise can afford it. It’s more important, though, that you find schools you can afford, you’re excited about potentially going to, and that match the academic record that you have.

IMHO (and I would love to be wrong), you have disqualified yourself, but not for the reason you think. The most selective schools are looking for kids who wanted to take the hardest possible classes, not because someone gave them a heads up about course rigor, but because the alternative is unbearable boredom. Late bloomers and kids who find their challenge entirely outside the classroom are unlikely to be admitted, not because there’s anything wrong with those characteristics, but because they want students who thrive on academic challenges.

There are some very elite colleges that want to give community college kids a boost. Brown University is one of them. Go to CC first, get great grades, and be involved. That’s a true avenue for you.

One daughter went to a high school that offered no AP classes at all, and also had no honors classes. One friend from that high school went to an Ivy League school.

The main point is to do very well in whatever environment you are in.

I agree with other comments that 1330 on the SAT is very low for the most selective schools. You should see if you can get that up. Preparation does help.

Other than that, make sure that you apply to some very good safeties that you are happy with. If you can get your SAT up or do very well on the ACT then it is probably worth also applying to some selective schools.

Sorry you dropped band, but will assume it was a decently thought out decision.

OP, we’d need to know more about you to comment. I see AP Calc AB and BC, US Government and Politics, and Physics 1 for next year. Did you take precalc before? “Passionate” about music and golf may not cut it, if that’s all.

Biggest thing, take time to understand what else these colleges look for, take inventory of what other activities you may have, etc.

@lookingforward Took precalc this year, to answer that question. For additional ECs, I’m teaching myself Hindi over the summer (Rosetta Stone), doing general community service, and working on an ‘engineering’ project (designing, planning, and building an arcade machine for the children’s ward of the local hospital).

As others said, the scores need to come up.
Glad you have the precalc. If you’re applying to a T25, for engineering, they’ll like to see collaborative math-sci ECs. (Because egineering is such a collaborative field.) I don’t think we know what ECs you have, besides what you show above.