Haverford waitlist fall 2027

Hi,
Would be interested to know who else in the same boat of uncertainty.
My Son is waitlisted on FA, international.

Don’t be nervous. Find another school. and fall in love with it!!

You’ve been rejected.

That’s what a Wait List is - a rejection. It’s a hedge for the school in case they screwed up.

Is it possible? Sure - anything is possible - but it’s highly unlikely.

Last year, Haverford admitted 804 students. And then offered a WL to 1742 - of which they took 7.

They WL 31% of applicants - think about that.

So - not trying to be blunt - but fill out the LOCI but then move on. It’s extremely unlikely that you will get pulled from their WL.

I hate that schools offer WL to so many, who think - I have a chance - when the reality is they don’t.

But the #s don’t lie. btw - the year prior 6 got off.

Good luck.

Thanks for your reply but he has been waitlisted from 5 colleges and no acceptance.
So all we have are waitlisted colleges.

You are saying - you have zero acceptances so far.

In this case, you then need to apply to one of the many colleges that are still taking applications, some of which will give you an acceptance in a few days - you may not like that but they are out there. There will also be an NACAC list of colleges still taking applications - but colleges like Arizona, Alabama, UAH, W Carolina and many many more are taking apps - and turn them around quickly - and have super smart kids.

Alabama, for example, has more National Merit Scholars, than any school in the country.

Don’t know your list or where you applied to - but there’s likely hundreds of colleges out there still taking apps - and depending on your statistics and financial need, I’m sure there’s a fit.

Let us know if you want more help.

Thankyou for your super quick response and help but we have financial constraints. Cant afford more than 10k per annum.
My son had SAT 1500, good grades in o levels and pretty good extracurricular and applied to 31 unv and colleges but they were all A and A* colleges (atleast according to Niche).
Few rejected him stating that we were impressed with your profile but unfortunately couldn’t accommodate you because of our limited financial aid funds. :pensive:
He is waitlisted from 5 and out of that Haverford has put him on FA list and replied back that we will let you know as soon as we have funds available. That sounded promising to us.
Hoping for the best otherwise he will continue in home country.

Yes - there’s only 7 schools that are need blind and meet need. I assume you applied to all 7.

$10K won’t work because room and board costs that much.

I hope you have opportunities in your home country.

Best of luck.

1 Like

My D is also waitlisted at 4 schools of interest. She plans to accept a school and is happy with it. But I would be interested in knowing if anyone hears anything from Haverford about the wait list.

1 Like

My friend’s on the waitlist. Please let me know if anyone has gotten a call from Haverford yet.

Our DD got an email from Haverford over the weekend. It said that they had assigned almost all their spots but invited her to join the “extended waitlist”. The note said that it was being offered to a select few and that if she accepted she may not hear until mid/late June if at all.

My kiddo received the same. Kid is moving forward with things for the college where committed, but is hoping for good news.

1 Like

My DD is off wait list today. Tough decision.

1 Like

Congrats - or not. Sometimes too many choices isn’t good.

Where’s she currently committed to ? Hopefully sue loves that school by now.

We decide not to go forward ans stay at the committed school with scholarship. Hopefully some other kid will be happy to take the spot.

1 Like

My daughter just got off the waitlist and we are so torn. Haverford may be a better choice for my daughter compared to her committed school but it is 87K vs 62K and we are not sure if the extra 25K is worth it.