having trouble deciding?

<p>I'm having trouble deciding between SUNY Binghamton and SUNY Geneseo. Even though I like a small school feel and the pretty campus of Geneseo, I feel like Geneseo's town is so small that I may get tired of it. I was just wondering if anyone had any opinions of the two? I'm not asking about academics because I think they're pretty much equal, but what are the differences of the two schools socially? Has anyone had any good/bad experiences at Geneseo/Bing? Thanks</p>

<p>i love both schools too, so i definitely know how you’re feeling. I had to cross Bing off my list because they dont offer too much for my major but i probably would have anyway because i really love geneseo. The town is pretty small but everyone I know finds things to do. Between hanging out in the dorms and going to some parties, Geneseo definitely provides students with tons to do in the union so i dont think being bored would be a problem. good luck with your decision!</p>

<p>I’m deciding between Geneseo and a few other schools but I live right outside of Binghamton so I’ll tell you what there is to do around there. Binghamton is actually in Vestal so it is much more suburban than downtown Binghamton but still in one of the biggest retail areas. There is a strip mall on the same road with a lot of stores (Wal-Mart, Barnes and Noble, Dicks Sporting Goods) and a lot of restaurants as well. There is an AMC theater within walking distance of campus. There is also a zoo and a minor league baseball stadium in downtown Binghamton. We have an arena where a minor league hockey team plays and some good performers have come there (Kelly Clarkson, The Goo Goo Dolls). A lot of great performers like Drake, Third Eye Blind, and Kid Cudi have come to the campus as well. A lot of people enjoy going to Bearcats basketball games. My cousin graduated from Binghamton last May and enjoyed his time there…although he did say that going to Wal-Mart was probably the most popular activity because you really need a car to get places. Since I’m considering Geneseo he told me the one complaint people have about it is that it’s in the middle of nowhere.</p>

<p>Both are great schools and I bet you’ll be happy at either one. Hope I helped!</p>

<p>I hate Geneseo. Im a sophomore and if I could go back in time, I would choose Bing over Geneseo. This school is not that great; its not well known outside the upper east usa</p>

<p>There is more to do in Bing, but it’s actually much harder to get around. Geneseo is smaller with that means everything really is in walking distance or a quick public transportation ride. Geneseo is also a half hour out of Rochester and a little under an hour out of Buffalo.</p>