HBCUS! please chance me!! WILL RETURN FAVOR!

<hr>

<p>Hi. I am becoming increasingly more interested in HBCUs. In the past I did not want to attend one but as my senior year continues to carry on, I begin to like more of what I see. (I am an AtA female.) these are my stats:</p>

<p>-3.43 GPA UW
-4.3 GPA W
-class rank number 79 of 787; Top 10%
-several honors classes
-entire schedule of AP classes
-1170 math and reading SAT; 1720 total (retaking)
-waiting on ACT scores
-several ECs and volunteer hours
-worked part time job throughout high school</p>

<p>what are my chances of getting in and what kinds of scholarhsips am i looking at for these schools....
Spelman
Howard
Clark Atlanta
Jackson State
Florida A & M</p>

<p>THANKS!!!</p>

<p>I would say you have a really good chance at all these schools. I think Howard would be the most competitive, followed by Spelman, Clark Atlanta, Florida A & M, and Jackson State. I think if you raise your SAT to atleast the 1900s, you should have a great chance. Its really good that you have a job as well. I’m thinking about Howard, as well, I might visit the campus this summer.</p>

<p>I haven’t posted a chance thread on this site (still a Junior) but do you think I could stand a chance at Columbia or Dartmouth with an UW GPA of 3.64 and a W GPA 4.3 GPA (if all goes well Junior Year, this will be my final GPA)? I haven’t taken the SAT but I did take the PSAT and scored a 189 (w/o preperation) so for the SATs I’m shooting for 2050-2200. My ECs are also good (a lot of writing, environmental awareness, Community service, etc. And I have 3 leadership positons.</p>

<p>You’re in everywhere and if you raise your SAT scores a little bit you’ll receive at least a tuition scholarship to Howard!</p>