Health Insurance Waiver

<p>We filled out the insurance waiver and mailed it to Miami on Wednesday. Friday we received an email saying it was received and being processed. Checked EASY later that day and the charge had already been removed from the bill. Very efficient and painless.</p>

<p>I think I am doing that too. I was just worried that I wouldn't be treated by the health center for something, but they still can I think. My insurance only covers emergency care in florida though!</p>

<p>coincolectr...If you have insurance with a provider from say, your parents employer...you may want to double check who the PPO/HMO provider is. The reason I'm saying this is two fold:
1. You will want to carry a card with you if you don't have one and requesting should be relatively easy. #2. We thought the same thing...that the HMO would only cover emergency, but after speaking with them we found that they DO cover nationwide through their PPO (Preferred Provider Organization). They sent us a big thick book of Provider's that we had never seen before. They just always assume you will be in your local area unless it is an emergency. It never hurts to ask, and you could be pleasantly surprised.</p>

<p>Be sure also...to carry a prescription card if you have one. Just a couple of little things to remember before you go off to school. Good Luck at UM!</p>

<p>Will do, thanks so much!</p>