Help a Black engineer find a fit !

<p>Oh hey, So I am not really looking for a chance, one would be great, but I am trying more to find input to where I would fit best. Any help appreciated.</p>

<p>Academic-
• UW GPA = 3.92 / W GPA = 4.36/ Top 10
• SAT = 2010 (660cr, 700math, 650wr) / SAT II = Math2(730)
• HS is Gold Medal On US News, 2 Junior year AP’s, 4 AP classes Senior year
• Major: Biomedical/Chemical Engineering or Human Bio, but with interests also in classics and anthro, maybe premed</p>

<p>Unique Traits-
• URM- Black/Latvian
• Low-income
• First Generation to go to College
• Red-Green Colorblind
• Minority interested in S.T.E.M.</p>

<p>School Activities/Sports-
• Varsity Track & Field(Captain),Varsity XC(captain),JV Basketball(captain), Varsity Swimming(lol so few urm's on the team)
• Minority/World Culture Club
• National Honor Society/Mu Alpha Theta/ Science Honor Society lol
• Student Athletic Trainer/Hospital Volunteer</p>

<p>Award/Scholarships/Special Programs-
• Questbridge Finalist
• Nordstrom Scholarship Finalist
• Stanford Phoenix Scholar Mentorship
• Venture Scholar
• Student Athlete Award</p>

<p>High Achieving//Elite College Visit Programs/Winky faces in admissions-
• MIT Weekend Immersion in Science and Engineering
• Cornell Fall Diversity Visit
• Dartmouth Bound
• Explore Bowdoin
• Pomona College</p>

<p>Personality/Interests-
• EXTROVERT, love chatting with random people, want a social environment
• Social Scene- ME ENCANTA PARTYING, not really into hard drugs tho
• People- they don’t all have to be social climbers, but a little less awkward then MIT ya know
• Academic Environment- Rigorous, but not sleep depriving, good balance, don’t want a very stressed student body, research opportunities
• I love S.T.E.M. but I also want a liberal arts education as well, not really feeling the tech schools
• Accepting/NON-Pretentious student body, I know that it’s not your fault polo and Abercrombie have a store at your house, but I don’t want it shoved in my face, ya know
• Sport friendly- I am not expecting SEC style fans, I don’t want to go back to the south, but I would like to have a couple peers cheering with me in the stands and to play club sports with
• EAST COAST, I’ve lived in SoCal for 12 years and the Dirty south for 6, I want a change</p>

<p>So I know that was A LOT, and I know I can’t have it all, but could you look at the list tell me the do’s and don’t, any opinion wanted !</p>

<p>Colleges-
• Yale
• Stanford
• Harvard
• Princeton
• Cornell “winky face ;)”
• Penn
• Brown
• Dartmouth “winky face ;)”
• MIT “winky face ;)”
• I’ve already applied to the UC’s, matches and safeties, so none of those plz</p>

<p>Unless you are extremely adept at solving very complex engineering problems or have a photographic memory for Premed classes I would strongly recommend you to suppress your partying desires. I know of students at some of the colleges that you mentioned were sent home the first semester due to poor grades because of excessive partying.</p>

<p>My son is a senior Chemical Engineering major at Cornell. He initially began his studies as a premed student (chemistry major) but switched to CHEME after realizing he did not have a passion for medicine. He enjoys discussing engineering problem solving successes in school and from internship opportunities. Cornell’s Chemical engineering program is very difficult especially sophomore through senior years but it has been well worth the journey. He is currently the President of the National Society of Black Engineering chapter at Cornell and has received a great job offer. He could elaborate more on your stated interests if you would like to establish direct communications.</p>

<p>Good chances at all of your schools! Did you apply SCEA/ED anywhere?</p>