Help...a little confused here!!

<p>Hi guys! I just gained admission to Purdue University but for Aeronautical Technology not Aerospace Engineering. I'm interested in pure designing, so I guess tech. doesn't fit me...I just want to know if it is easy to transfer as a re-entry applicant than a regular transfer. Also, is the Aeronautical tech. program kinda academically poor? Can someone reply fast, please??</p>

<p>Was Aeronautical Technology your second choice? Engineering is hard to get into, so if you aren't accepted to your first choice (Aerospace Engineering) they put you in your second. If you didn't choose a second choice...maybe they put you in the next closest thing.</p>

<p>Yes, it was my second choice. But is it kinda hard to transfer to Engg. compared to Regular transfers?</p>

<p>Yeah, it's a little harder, but if less people than they expected to enroll in the Aerospace Engineering program, it will be a little easier to transfer back.</p>

<p>One more question...will I be competing with regular transfer students? Also, is the department kinda academically poor?</p>

<p>hey, just wish to ask how you know on what your major is ,slipknot_rocks ?
I received email that states "with a major in First Year Engineering"
but they didn't give any specific major.</p>

<p>They stated that I have gained addmission to Aeronautical Technology. So that's how I know about it. About your case...I'm sorry I dunno!</p>

<p>Last year my S was accepted into a major that he applied to and accepted the admission. Prior to starting in August, he decided he wanted to enter the University under a different major. We called (I think it was the admissions dept, but can't remember) and they changed his major over the phone. It wasn't engineering, but is was from one discipline to a completely different one. I would try giving them a call. Good luck.</p>

<p>vloh8, all Engineering students are accepted into "First Year Engineering". It is not until after that first year that students specialize into their engineering discipline of choice. So that means you were accepted into the Engineering school.</p>