HELP!! Applying in a few months..

<p>I need help figuring out my list of colleges to apply to. I am currently a junior in all honors and AP classes. I didn't start taking them up until this year though.</p>

<p>I have a 3.54 unweighted GPA and a 3.68 weighted GPA. I received a 1950 on my SATs. I am extremely involved in extracurricular activities (SSC, SADD, Varsity Lacrosse, I volunteer at my local Soup Kitchen and Food Pantry). I have also received a high school internship at Dana Farber Hospital this summer. I have also shadowed an oncology nurse at Beth Israel Hospital. </p>

<p>As of right now, I am planning on applying to UMass Amherst (#1), UConn, UVM, Endicott, JMU, Villanova, Northeastern, BC, Drexel, Quinnipiac, and Penn State. </p>

<p>Let me know what you think.. thank you! </p>

<p>Also National Honor Society, Spanish National Honor Society, and Art National Honor Society! </p>

<p>Hello @NEnursing‌
here is the link to the direct admit nursing programs, be sure to look at page 8, where the list is , by state & by school. Different posters have added in a few more schools on the later pages. But the main list that has " most" of the schools name is on page 8
<a href=“Master list of Direct Entry Nursing Programs: - #106 by Mkjmer - Nursing Major - College Confidential Forums”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/nursing-major/859704-master-list-of-direct-entry-nursing-programs-p8.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I think all the schools you’ve listed is " direct admit " with the exception of JMU ( James Madison University ),
JMU is a 2+2 program.</p>

<p>2+2 means : pre-nursing for 2 yrs , then apply to nursing school. This is more stressful & you may or may not get in after 2 yrs.
Direct admit nursing program is much better. You get in as a high school student.</p>

<p>Good Luck!</p>

<p>I’d add a couple more in-state choices to your list. Remember your safeties need to be both financial and admissions safeties, or they are not really safeties. There is some state aid for college students that might only be available if you attend an in-state college. </p>

<p>Talk over with your parents about how much is really affordable. Penn State for instance provides little aid, and out of state tuition is in the same range as many full price private universities. Some colleges such as Penn State also charge more for the last 2 years of nursing school. </p>

<p>There are many less famous private universities with good direct entry inursing programs and that offer large amounts of merit aid. If you are eligible for their merit aid, they may be equal in price to an in-state public university. </p>

<p>It is OK to have a couple reach colleges, such as Boston College, as long as you are not relying too much upon them.</p>

<p>At many moderately selective universities, the nursing program is one of the hardest for admission. I would assume that is true for U. Mass and U. Conn for example, and I know it is true to Penn State and U Del. In other words, don’t rely upon average admission stats for the whole university to assume you will have no trouble getting admitted.</p>

<p>Chance me?</p>

<p>Hey! I’m a rising college freshman and I looked into or applied to a lot of schools on your list. These were my stats:</p>

<p>GPA: 3.3 UW
SAT: 2040 (730, 620, 690)
Extracurriculars: NHS, History Honor society, French honor society, SADD, Newspapaer, and a 32-hour a week job
Major: Nursing</p>

<p>I applied (and was accepted) to UMass Amherst, UCONN, Saint Anselm, Simmons, and Northeastern-however, I did look at Quinnipiac, Penn State, and Endicott</p>

<p>As you probably know, UCONN’s program is ridiculously selective; they save the majority of the nursing seats for in-state students. However, I would encourage you to apply-I almost didn’t because I was sure I’d be rejected, but I was accepted.</p>

<p>UMass is another selective program, but if you’re in-state your chances are better. Keep in mind there are only 100 spots for nursing majors, and thousands of applicants-but if you write a good essay, I think you would get in. I was accepted with a scholarship. </p>

<p>Northeastern-incredibly competitive; this year, they differed most nursing majors to RD. I was accepted after being differed, but I think I just lucked out with my essay. Try to raise your SATS and GPA-it’s a low reach, but it’s not unobtainable.</p>

<p>You’re in at Quinnipiac, probably with merit money. Same at Endicott.</p>

<p>BC and Penn are reaches.</p>

<p>I’d encourage you to look at Saint Anselm College-it’s on a beautiful campus in Manchester, they’re generous with merit and need based aid, and job placement is incredible. </p>

<p>In the end, I choose UMass because of the state of the art nursing labs, incredible reputation ( the nursing program is well regarded), and also-it was under $20,000 to go. </p>

<p>My advice is to tour EVERYWHERE you can! You never know if you’re going to love or hate a school until you step on campus!</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>