Help! Chances!

<p>I want to major in Humanities, particularly philosophy.
Puerto Rican male from CT
Gpa- 3.14
Sats- 1320(1600) 2080(2400)</p>

<p>5 AP classes</p>

<p>I took the AP Psych, AP chem, and AP eng tests and got a 4 on all of them.</p>

<p>Ec's</p>

<p>Mission trip to Maine- Built a church from the ground up.
Mission trip to Dominican Republic- Build a church and started on a hospital.
Both of these were 2 week trips.
Mission trip to Mexico- Worked at an orphanage for 3 weeks.
Presidential Bronze award for community service 2 years in a row.</p>

<p>Varsity Soccer 3 years
JV Baseball 1 year
Worked at Dorothy Day every weekend for a good 2 months.</p>

<p>School Treasurer.</p>

<p>Please hit me up with my chances.</p>

<p>Thanks guys.</p>

<p>Well getting into Purdue is not difficult but staying in is :) there are lot of dropouts every year. I guess you have a chance.</p>

<p>lol what does that mean ajayc? You think I'll get in, but then dropout? Or just like not get in?</p>

<p>i mean someone told me that staying in purdue is difficult :D loads of people dropout lol</p>

<p>yeah i heard that also. purdue is averagely easy to get into but you need some stats. however staying there is hard because the academics is difficult..</p>

<p>But do you think I'll get into the school?</p>

<p>i think so. gpa is low but i guess the sat redeems it.</p>

<p>jmcatch -- What they are trying to say is, compared to schools ranked as high as Purdue is, it is extremely easy to get into. The chances of getting into Univ of Michigan or Northwestern with a 3.1 gpa and a 26 ACT is very, very low, unless you can throw a football. But I've seen people with those numbers get into Purdue. (My Son has a 3.98 and a 31 ACT, and hasn't gotten his acceptance to Mich yet.)</p>

<p>However, the acedemics, especially in Engineering, are rough. Just because you get in doesn't mean you are going to graduate!</p>

<p>several of my friends got in with 2.8 - 3.0 gpa 1000 - 1100 / 1600 sat (Yes.. engineering).. so you will definately get in... but staying in is hard.. because they accept too many "not so good" students..</p>

<p>u will get in.</p>