Help Choose UA's Tartan design

<p>[University</a> of Alabama News HES Students Compete to Develop UA’s Official Tartan Design](<a href=“http://uanews.ua.edu/2010/10/hes-students-compete-to-develop-uas-official-tartan-design/]University”>http://uanews.ua.edu/2010/10/hes-students-compete-to-develop-uas-official-tartan-design/)</p>

<p>there is a link in the above link, where you can vote for your favorite design</p>

<p>is it just me, or does everything have a tartan now? :)</p>

<p>lol it seems that someone flooded the poll with votes at 06:07 PM!

[Poll</a> Analysis: Which is your favorite UA Tartan? - ProProfs Polls](<a href=“Online Polls Maker Software to Create Free Polls | ProProfs”>Online Polls Maker Software to Create Free Polls | ProProfs)</p>

<p>LOL…my choice is in last place…</p>

<p>Older son likes the predominantly gray one that is in first place right now…</p>

<p>I think the 3rd one is too busy.</p>

<p>After all those years of Catholic school girl plaids, I tend to go for the simpler ones.</p>

<p>Mom,
I guess we voted for the same design. And it sounds like we voted for it for the same reasons- lots of years in Catholic school. I was feeling so sentimental I went up in my attic and looked at my grade school uniform. There it was, hanging proudly, covered in plastic with all its blue tartan looking at me. Nice memories.</p>

<p>Ah yes, memories, my D loved her tartan skirt and even wore it as a senior even though they had gone to pants many years prior. Plus it was nice and short then! I like #1 as well, it’s more subtle.<br>
I had one too, but I don’t want to think back that far, and that was when you had mean nuns and they could whack you with the ruler.</p>

<p>i picked 3. i liked the story with it. it would be less busy if it is made larger.</p>

<p>*lots of years in Catholic school. I was feeling so sentimental I went up in my attic and looked at my grade school uniform. There it was, hanging proudly, covered in plastic with all its blue tartan looking at me. Nice memories. *</p>

<p>LOL…</p>

<p>I’ve got two versions…green tartans and red tartans. And, I had to laugh when this summer Dennis Uniforms opened their store in Huntsville this summer. I was wearing Dennis Uniforms in Calif from 1964-72.</p>

<p>LOL - </p>

<p>m2ck - Same here, which order? Mine was red tartan 1-8th, very similar to version 3; green tartan in h.s. I was shocked last year when I was at Fashion Island in Newport Beach and a “fashion boutique” for teens had a jumper in the same fashion as my grade school - 30++ years ago.</p>

<p>mine was green from 1-8th and red with some blue for high school. </p>

<p>*I was shocked last year when I was at Fashion Island in Newport Beach and a “fashion boutique” for teens had a jumper in the same fashion as my grade school - 30++ years ago. *</p>

<p>I know! I have also seen similar plaids show up in real fashions. </p>

<p>BTW…I love Fashion Island in Newport Beach.</p>

<p>Would you believe I’ve lived 20 minutes from there for over 14 years and last year was my first time there. None of my friends could believe it.</p>

<p>Every time I see tartan, it reminds me of the 1970s pop band, the Bay City Rollers.</p>

<p>Would you believe I’ve lived 20 minutes from there for over 14 years and last year was my first time there. None of my friends could believe it.</p>

<p>Really? Wow! </p>

<p>I liked taking my kids there when they were little…they loved running thru the water on a hot day.</p>